CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 05, 2006, 03:25 AM

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Stuhler
Magic ISO and Win ISO are not video editing tools, they are ISO file tools. You need to extract the file with Magic ISO or WinISO to your hard drive, then use a video editing program to edit the video file. When you're are done editing the video you insert it back into the ISO with WInISO or MagicISO
I know that, but you don't understand, I am trying to rename a PlayStation 2 file name from a PS2 CD ISO file, but I can't extract the file to do that.
Old Apr 05, 2006, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I know that, but you don't understand, I am trying to rename a PlayStation 2 file name from a PS2 CD ISO file, but I can't extract the file to do that.
Ok well that's not at all what you said in your first post so pardon my confusion.

Let's go through the steps you are doing. I'm assuming you load up the ISO file in WinISO. What exactly do you do after that to exract the file to your hard drive?
Old Apr 05, 2006, 02:49 PM
Veteran

have you tried to mount the ISO in Deamon tools or the like and then copy the file from there
Old Apr 06, 2006, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Stuhler
Ok well that's not at all what you said in your first post so pardon my confusion.

Let's go through the steps you are doing. I'm assuming you load up the ISO file in WinISO. What exactly do you do after that to exract the file to your hard drive?
I click extract, and I get the error message. I know a few things about computers. I have extracted several ISO already I think there is something wrong with this one. I just want to know what that message mean.
Old Apr 06, 2006, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuttapper
have you tried to mount the ISO in Deamon tools or the like and then copy the file from there
I am using both deamon tools and virtual CD 7, but even if I do copy the files and rename them off the virtual cd, how can I burn them so that they will play on my PS2. I think the ISO has some hidden files that are hard to copy or they need a special codec to decrypt them.
Old Apr 06, 2006, 02:22 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophusller
I am using both deamon tools and virtual CD 7, but even if I do copy the files and rename them off the virtual cd, how can I burn them so that they will play on my PS2. I think the ISO has some hidden files that are hard to copy or they need a special codec to decrypt them.
Renaming files within a program isn't as straight forward as that ! the program is told to look for a specific file name you have changed it so it cannot be found, if you alter the file name length you have also altered the check sum of the program so it will not run without correction.

why would you want to alter the file name ????
Closed Thread