CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 18, 2006, 02:10 AM

Default Connecting 2 Computers is Not Working

sponsored links

Hi,

I have earthlink cable internet and i'm trying to hook both of my computers online. I have tried using Linksys router and also a Netgear Switch, both of them failed to give both computers online access.

With the Linksys Router Model BEFSR41 ver.2 i pluged the cable from modem to WAN, then i plugged the cables from the router to each of my computers. On first computer my ip becomes 192.168.1.100 and on the second one is the same but the last number is 101. When i check the connection status it says that the ip has been given by DHCP, but when i try to access the internet i cant from either computer. If anyone can help me solve this or has any ideas that i can try, even setting up the router differently please let me know and i will try them.

and with the Netgear switch, i connect all the cables etc. and then i get a connection on one computer like 23.xx.xxx.xx and the other one doesnt get any connection. Idk what i can do with this.

any other help would be much appreciated.
thanks
slavisa
Old May 18, 2006, 09:51 AM

Hi, just replying that i kinda figured it out, no idea how i was just messing around with the router and both of the computers and now both of them are working fine.