CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD Tutorials and Guides
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old May 26, 2006, 01:11 AM

Default Bad Burn?

sponsored links

Over the weekend I backed up a bunch of data using my Pioneer DVR-109 on two HP DVD+R Double layer dvds and several Fujifilm DVD-Rs. I then reformatted my system and reintalled xp and all that jazz.

Stupid me didn't check the discs before I did that. Now when I load the double layer dvds, my system doesn't see them, just shows a DVD-ROM icon in windows explorer. when I right click and choose properties, it shows the dvds as having 0 available mb and 0 used space. If you click the drive icon, you get an "incorrect function" error. I've found the same thing with a couple of the regular dvds as well, but not all of them. Is this what you would call a bad burn and the moron at the keyboard just lost all his data, or is there something I can do it get it to read the discs? Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 29, 2006, 10:50 AM

What software did you use to create the disks. If it was Nero's INCD or Roxio's DragtoDisk then you probably need to reinstall it first.
Old Jun 03, 2006, 01:40 PM

I believe I used Nero 6 (I'll have to look for the version #s) to create the disc image, and then used Alcohol 120% to burn the images.
Closed Thread