CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 07, 2007, 09:04 AM

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblers
bluestreak711, i assume from your other thread that you're using nero7 to burn with?...well i think you'll need to use an older version- nero5.5 to burn dc images, or try using alcohol to burn the image maybe?

personally, back in the good old days of dreamcast, i used to use cdrecord to burn dc games but it is a very involved process and the old memory isn't what it used to be... i used to post to this forum with the username of arthur_p_huxake, search for posts from that username and you should find some relevant info...goodluck fella, keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

cobblers

well that could lead me to another question

i have Nero 7 installed on my computer and dont have the installation disc or my registration code is there anyway to get my registration code from the one installed on my computer and download and save a setup from the website?
Old Nov 08, 2007, 12:40 PM

i don't know where nero stores the regis tration key, but it's probably in the registry, somewhere like... hkey_local_machine\software\ahead\installation\bla h\blah... or contact ahead and ask them ...and yes, you can download nero5.5 from ahead's site, i'm sure if you look about you'll find a way around the key...

cobblers

edit: curiously enough, this forum blocks certain words, R E G I S T R A T I O N for one...

Last edited by cobblers; Nov 08, 2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orecron
im really unsure about this file backup for a dreamcast game...
the file names are as follows

Sonic.Adventure.2.SelfBoot.7z.001

all the way up to

Sonic.Adventure.2.SelfBoot.7z.042

it came with an SFV file and some other. i dont have the program to open it. ran an SFV check, all is good. wont open with winrar, zip and so on.

any clues?
I got it after getting the .cdj image by extracting it with 7zip use CDG2NRG to convert it to .nrg image and burn it with Nero I burnt it with Nero 7 and it worked fine.
Old Nov 08, 2007, 12:50 PM

cool, glad you got it sorted
Old Nov 08, 2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblers
cool, glad you got it sorted

yeah but i am still looking for my registraton code because i don't want to lose my Nero 7 if my pc needs to be reformatted

and when you say Local Machine do you mean something like Local Disk C

Program Files or could you run that by me again.
Old Nov 08, 2007, 01:10 PM

before you do this you need to be aware that if you run amok in your registry you can seriously screw up windows...so just look do not make any changes, ok?

click 'start' then 'run' type in 'regedit' click 'ok'...you are now in your registry, navigate through the folders to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ahead\installation\fam ilies\nero7\info\

i think your key should be in there?

cobblers