CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 07, 2006, 04:52 PM

Default Dreamcast doesn't detect burned CDs

sponsored links

Hi guys. I've been searching all over the web for an answer to my question and came across this forum. If I could get some help, it would make my day.

Here's the deal...

I've recently been trying to get some backups of some Dreamast games to work. No matter the program I use (Nero, Fireburner or DiscJuggler) the system doesn't detect the discs. It does for a moment on one of them, however. It will get to the sega logo and then dump me back to the options screen. Checking the discs in a normal CD drive, the ISOs seem to have been burned correctly. I've tried multiple games with no luck. Also, my Dreamcast's production date was June 2000 if that helps any. So, any ideas? Thanks a ton.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 05:55 AM

When you say iso is it literally or generically speaking? because if you literaly have an iso you need a boot disc. x actly what kind of files are you working with?
Old Jun 10, 2006, 12:24 PM

Probably should have specified. They're self-booting CDI files. I've also attempted to throw them into CDI2Nero to see if it was just Discjuggler that wasn't working. In Discjuggler, I've tried to following settings:

mode: audio
Block: 2352
Offset: 0
TOC: CD-DA

mode: Mode1/DVD
Block: 2352
TOC: CD-DA

Mode: Mode 2
Black: 2352
TOC: CD-XA
TAO

Any ideas?
Old Jun 13, 2006, 02:56 PM

i use your last settings mode 2, cd-xa raw write and add post gap to third party images I never touch anything else
Old Jun 13, 2006, 08:41 PM

you sayed it was made in 2000 well for burned apps games or backups to work it has to be bought or made befor 2000 like i got mine 1999 and burned stuff works fine so you could get a 1999- on ebay maby. trust me i have read and found this out my self
Old Jun 14, 2006, 03:04 AM

OK, well, here's an interesting turn of events. I tried the settings of Mode 2, CD-XA, Raw Write and Post Gap like you suggested. The first thing I burned came out BEAUTIFULLY and actually runs better than most of my official games. However, when I burn any other games, I end up with coasters. I've run the CDI's through ISOMage and they came out fine. Also threw them into Chankast with great results. I'm totally stumped.