CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 17, 2006, 02:10 AM

Exclamation No Internet Virus/Malware ?

sponsored links

Hi two of my friends computers are having the exact same problem they are both have windows XP SP2 running avast anti-virus. Both computers have windows firewall shut down and it cannot be started. one is on ADSL and the other on Dial-up. What has happend is they have both gone very slow, you can open ie6 or firefox and the no page display comes up, anti virus wont connect to update nor will any other program can access the net. here is the strange thing i can open command prompt and ping any website or ip address and get a reply. i renag the isp and they can see the computers conected at there end but there is noting at my end. i have run spybot and adaware, they triggered a few virus warnings but i was able to delete them .

also there is a command thay you can run to check windows files with the disc but i cannot remember it could anyone please help.

in network neighbourhood it says that they both have a conection.