CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 23, 2006, 06:08 PM

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by T07N
Well swap magic builds a lot of limitations to what you can do with your ps2.

hey

can you please elaborate on what the limitations are? I'm thinking of playing backups too, but more specifcally, import backups... but I read a few posts and people say the swapmagic is for "original imports"... does that mean backup imports won't work with swapmagic? Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojof1
hey

can you please elaborate on what the limitations are? I'm thinking of playing backups too, but more specifcally, import backups... but I read a few posts and people say the swapmagic is for "original imports"... does that mean backup imports won't work with swapmagic? Thanks.
No back up works. It's just that some games are programmed differently and some of those games might not work. 90% of the games available work with swap magic from what I read.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woklee
I'm going to buy a slim PS2 this friday and I'm not familiar with all the different methods of modding a slim ps2. I used to have an older PS2 with a mod chip and it worked great.

Can you recommend me a mod for a slim PS2 which is very reliable and not expensive?
Best quality chip for the slim ps2? i would have to say the Messiah. havent had a problem with it at all. (Mind you its a v12 ps2 slim, those were the ps2's that were supposed to be hell trying to mod chip them.)
Old Aug 12, 2006, 03:36 AM

Definitely not the Messiahs... They may be good back then but nowa days, Matrix Infinity is taking the large share of the market.