CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Jul 08, 2006, 08:25 PM

Unhappy computer wont charge

sponsored links

I just came from ireland i have a sony vaio bought in ireland. Its battery doesnt charge in USA.
I bought a voltage converter but useless
anybody help me what to do??
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:07 PM
Veteran

You should be able to get a battery charger to suite the specs of the battery nomatter what country you live in.

If you live in the us as you say, try your neerest RadioShack.

colin.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 09:17 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

I think the US is 110/120 volts, and the UK is 220/230 volts.

Can't see why a decent voltage converter wouldn't work. Try another one.
Old Nov 01, 2007, 11:02 PM

Post Sony Vaio Won't Charge..

I have the same problem, sort of. My problem is that it does charge, was not bought in Ireland, but here in the USA. What happens though, is every time there is a power outage, the power comes back on but my laptop won't boot back up. Both times the computer has been off, shut off properly, and all. When I boot up, or try to, nothing happens. The battery won't take a charge, and when trying to take the battery out and just running off the power line, it won't turn on either. The last time this occurred, I was told I had to let the power recycle itself?? Does anyone know about this or how to do that???? Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 12:20 AM

Default Wont charge

I also have a laptop that will not charge. It is a Dell Inspiron 9300 and currently the battery will not charge at all. It worked fine up until a couple days ago, when I unplugged it and it shut down immediatly. I checked the battery property's and it said it was on line. I also did a quick physical check on the battery and connecting pins, but everything appeared to be fine. Anybody have any idea's?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:06 AM

Default computer wont charge

Dont ever turn your computer on, or connect it to the net. That is the way you prevent crashes and virii.
Closed Thread