CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:50 PM

Default Tried mod flashes green/red, system dead?

sponsored links

I tried modding my Xbox with Xecutor 2.6. I ordered a solderless adapter to find out when I got it you still have to solder on a 1.6b version which I have. They included the piece that all you have to do is solder the points down and you don't have to use any wires. Well it didn't include a manual for instalation and I didn't find out where a few wires went. I double checked everything to 3 different install manuals I found on the net. It should have worked but when I turned on my system a little puff of smoke came off the modchip. Not good I'm sure. Needless to say I never got it to boot up but now what's worse is my system won't even start up normall without any of the modding connected. I removed everything and now it tries to start twice then blinks red/green. I think somehow the bios on the xbox itself might have gotten erased. I don't know what happened but I need to know if my system is recoverable. I thought of soldering wires to the board and everything but I don't know if part of the MB is fried. Any ideas? Buy a new xbox?

I just found out my Xbox is flashing christmas lights, as it's been referred to.

Last edited by protozoider; Jul 15, 2006 at 01:15 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protozoider
I tried modding my Xbox with Xecutor 2.6. I ordered a solderless adapter to find out when I got it you still have to solder on a 1.6b version which I have. They included the piece that all you have to do is solder the points down and you don't have to use any wires. Well it didn't include a manual for instalation and I didn't find out where a few wires went. I double checked everything to 3 different install manuals I found on the net. It should have worked but when I turned on my system a little puff of smoke came off the modchip. Not good I'm sure. Needless to say I never got it to boot up but now what's worse is my system won't even start up normall without any of the modding connected. I removed everything and now it tries to start twice then blinks red/green. I think somehow the bios on the xbox itself might have gotten erased. I don't know what happened but I need to know if my system is recoverable. I thought of soldering wires to the board and everything but I don't know if part of the MB is fried. Any ideas? Buy a new xbox?

I just found out my Xbox is flashing christmas lights, as it's been referred to.
that is the same thing that happend to mine