CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 01, 2006, 05:43 PM

Default help!!!!!

sponsored links

my xbox was workig fine last night but this morning it wont work. i turn it off it works but then turns on .i try it againg and it is flahing red and green. whats wrong???????????????????????????????
Old Aug 01, 2006, 11:48 PM
Veteran

anything could be wrong with it.... there are some things we need to know before we can help you.

1-has the box been moded?
2-softmod or modchip
3-which softmod or modchip
4-was it new or used

if it wasn't moded, and you were the original owner, it could be the power supply, dieing hard drive or the dvd drive.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 07:58 PM

Exclamation Help

my xbox was working fine last night and today it isnt. whenever i turn it on the eject button flashes green and red, then it goes to a screen that says that "your xbox requires service. please call customer support."it also has a number 16 in the upper left hand corner.I found out that the number 16 means that there are problems with other files to do with dashboard or dashboard settings. i did softmod it with evolution x. is there any possible way i can fix it or come somewhere close to fixed? please help. you can reach me at [email]sucks2beu247@aol.com[/email] or on this thread, (if i remember)

Last edited by last resort666; Aug 13, 2006 at 08:12 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 11:46 PM
Veteran

firstly see if you can still ftp into it... since you softmoded, you should have a back up of your original c drive in a backup folder on your e drive... if you were smart, you should have a backup on your comp as well. if you cannot ftp into the box, you will need a chip to fix.

I can fix it for you.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 12:56 AM

Question

I remember backing it up on my xbox, but not on my computer. I could not ftp into it though to get to it. What kind of chip do I need to fix it? Is it possible for me to make my own?
Old Aug 14, 2006, 07:02 AM

Lightbulb owwww

i remember ths hapning to my PS2, samethng i thing a fuse somwhere inside blew or the cd drive chip blew (dont know how the chip could cause ths problem bt it did. could could also be the video card or so thing along ths line.

P.S somereason chip and chip kept blowing???