CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 04, 2006, 07:27 PM

Default Problem getting games to work on DC

sponsored links

So, I have acquired a Dreamcast today, I've been told to make sure it wasn't Revision 2, to take only Revision 0 or 1. So I've got an NTSC|U Revision 1 Dreamcast, you know, with the orange swirl and all.

Now then, I am trying to burn Street Fighter 3 for it, and since it's a .cdi I assumed it was self-bootable. So there, I tried the first in Discjuggler, Mode:Audio, TOC: CD-DA and Overburn enabled. Didn't work. Then I tried the same except Mode1/DVD, didn't work again. Then I tried Mode2 with the same settings, yet another failure. Then I tried Mode2, CD-XA, Raw Write and post add to 3rd party whatever (although it was on for all the other attempts), didn't work again.

So I checked the iso, re-unrared it for safety measures, even put it through WinRar test, and everything was swell. I knew the iso worked when mounted on Daemon Tools for Chankast. So then I tried getting Chankast to read the cd off my drive (Was using the Mode1/DVD CD-DA Overburn one) and it worked.

So then I wondered that maybe it wasn't self-bootable. So I got the Utopia DC BootCD 1.1, burnt it in Discjuggler with Mode1/DVD, CD-DA, Overburn. It didn't work on the DC. Didn't go to the Utopia menu or whatever, so then I tried burning the Utopia DC BootCD 1.1 with Mode2, CD-XA, Raw Write and post add to 3rd party thingy. The burning never ended. It got stuck at 65% and nothing happened for like 10 minutes. Tried closing Discjuggler and take the CD out, but it wouldn't come out, so I rebooted.

So that's it, nothing I do seems to want to run on my DC. Though I know it can run things correctly (store clerk ran Tomb Raider: Last Revelation on it, though it was a retail cd). I am pretty lost in all of this and would really like to get it to work, so if any of you have ideas, feel free to tell me here, by email (mark.of.the.typhoon@gmail) or by MSN (same email) or AIM (lordtyphoon2003). I hope some of you guys know why this is happening.. or rather why nothing happens. Thanks in advance.

PS: For some reason the swirl in Chankast is Blue, like if it was PAL or something. But my SF3 iso is NTSC... hmm

EDIT: This thread is now obsolete, traded my Dreamcast in for a Revision 0 one and it now works perfectly.
Although.. anybody know why the Register Discjuggler option under the Help Menu is grayed out in Discjuggler?

Last edited by LordTyphoon; Aug 05, 2006 at 12:07 AM.