CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 07, 2006, 02:42 PM

Default Can somebody give me STEP-BY-STEP directions on how to burn PS2 games?

I've tried numerous times to burn/backup my PS2 games...yet they don't work. The programs I have are Nero StartSmart and Nero Express 6.

Can anybody give me STEP-BY-STEP directs on how to burn/backup my PS2 games?

Thanks!
Old Sep 08, 2006, 04:44 PM

Well, assuming you have a modded PS2 (chip or swap magic), then what you need to do is make an Image copy of the PS2. One of the best and easiest programs to use is DVDDecrypter:

***********.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

Once you have that running, insert the PS2 game in your DVD-R drive. Select MODE > ISO > READ.

Then select the destination folder on your harddrive. Now, simply hit run.

The program will read the game data and back it up to the folder you specified on your harddrive.

Once it is done, eject the PS2 game and insert a blank DVD-R disc. Now, select MODE > ISO > WRITE.

Select the ISO file (not the MDS file if you created one) from the folder that you just backed the game data to. Next, select your write speed. This part can be critical depending on your PS2, type of mod, etc. It’s best to do a 1x write to the disc. I’ve had many games not function properly at write speeds above 1x, and depending on your system, it doesn’t take that much longer to burn at 1x as opposed to “Max” speed”. In fact, I haven’t really noticed a difference.

Now hit run, and it will burn your game. Once it’s done you’re ready to play.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 11:03 AM

Nah.
Rubbish.
Do exactly what you were doing atm to burn your games, just use Ritek or Ridata DVD's. your probably using cheap, low quality disks that without you knowing, is causing your ps2 much damage everytime you force it to read those cheap disks.
Ritek or Ridata DVD's are as good as the original ps2 disks you buy in the shops
Believe Me

Last edited by PlayStation®2; Sep 17, 2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 07:11 AM

@PlayStation®2

i have seen you make comments like that on a few threads,although ritek are a good brand,they are are not like using the originals,so stop talking rubbish

before you make anymore coments like that,make sure you know what you are talking about.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltin2002
Well, assuming you have a modded PS2 (chip or swap magic), then what you need to do is make an Image copy of the PS2. One of the best and easiest programs to use is DVDDecrypter:

***********.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

Once you have that running, insert the PS2 game in your DVD-R drive. Select MODE > ISO > READ.

Then select the destination folder on your harddrive. Now, simply hit run.

The program will read the game data and back it up to the folder you specified on your harddrive.

Once it is done, eject the PS2 game and insert a blank DVD-R disc. Now, select MODE > ISO > WRITE.

Select the ISO file (not the MDS file if you created one) from the folder that you just backed the game data to. Next, select your write speed. This part can be critical depending on your PS2, type of mod, etc. It’s best to do a 1x write to the disc. I’ve had many games not function properly at write speeds above 1x, and depending on your system, it doesn’t take that much longer to burn at 1x as opposed to “Max” speed”. In fact, I haven’t really noticed a difference.

Now hit run, and it will burn your game. Once it’s done you’re ready to play.

ive done exactly what you said but the game just goes back to the ps2 browser ive tried using alcohol 120% and other methods but i get the same results any idea as to whats wrong?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 02:41 AM

you can't play the game unless your PS2 is modded.
OR you can get the Swap Magic which is a boot disc.

I use Swap Magic on the Slim PS2 and works great.

good luck.