CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 23, 2007, 04:18 PM

Default hello

sponsored links

i am new at this are all ps2 games dvd ?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:24 AM

Default Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayStation®2
You're the one talking the rubbish. You have no clue what you are on about with this whole subject. Its entirely up to you to chose to believe my story, no one is forcing you to believe it, but as far as actual facts go, i do own a business specifying in this area of practice. I'm positive i know more then you, all you want to do is continue arguing because kid's like you think they are in the right when in actual fact you are way of the subject. I'm using the term "kids like you" because of the childish way you continue behaving and arguing with me. You obvioulsy don't sound like an adult to me and if you are actually over the age of 18, i sugeest you should start acting your age, quick smart. Also as far as anything goes, i do not have to specify anything to back up my argument, the fact that i stated that ive owned a business and worked in this industry for over 8 years, should be all the information you need to know, and if its not, no one is forcing you to believe it, in that case just disregard the information that i was trying to pass on to a person having trouble. Not once did i mention anything about you in my first post, but you had to but in and act like the know it all. Start acting your age, Kid.
Can you please help me with swap magic don't worry I know alot about it it will only take a sec. If you can please PM me at [email]gilmarboa@yahoo.com.br[/email] and we can chat on the new kind like a technical guy ITS ALL up to you thank you
Old Jun 28, 2007, 04:03 PM

Default not possible

my mate has copyed a ps2 game and got it working without a mod chip or swapmagic but he payed

$120 for 1X Sony DvD-R KN8B3VC disk (close to the same ones as a PS2 game comes on)

$150 for a copy of Overburn suit pro (A copying program that can burn things that raquire strange data positoning and data spaceing, with a auto dummy file option quite handy)

total: $270 just so he could copy FFX without any bugs sins then he has tryed to copy 3 other games useing a pack of Benq 16X DvD-R and they have all displayed "Please insert a playstation 2 format disk" so really its the disks that determin whether it works or not but you need a good burning program like Overburn suit pro, Alcahol 120% or DvD Decrypter because PS2 format disks arnt burnt in a normal format they are burnt sort of backwards the loading screens are on the outside of this disk and the game play is on my center of the disk. Overburn suit pro has a Playstation 2 format burning option i think alcahol 120% dose aswell anyways if your willing to spend $120 for 1 disk then you don't need swap magic or a mod chip but i would prefer to get my console moded
Old Jul 03, 2007, 07:43 PM

Some good info here, many thanks, its going to get me well on my way as a newb to this area of game backup.

Just waiting on the Ps2 turning up tomorrow hopefully.
Got a HDD adapter, 160GB Hard disk, DMS4Lite to install in it when it arrives.

Seems that a lot of things are universal though across all consoles. Quality media is key to success in a lot of cases.
After starting in this "game" with Ps1 backups many years ago, Verbs where the way to go (unless you could get hold of Philips Silver Premium CDRS, which where like dodo poop to get for some time!). Same thing when I started with Xbox 1 games, verbs . Same on 360 backups, Verbs again.
And now getting into PS2 stuff, verbs seems to be the media of choice
Old Jul 03, 2007, 08:34 PM

Default wassup

whew i read this whole thing from page one till now, gahh it looks like u got some bullcrappers here. oh well im new to the ps2 modding scene and i plan on purchasing a fliptop mod for my v7 fat ps2 and also swap majic and the one for psx backups i can't remember its name, well. I read that you reccomend the verbatims, but i noticed at the website that they only have the x16's but i have some unused hp's that are x8's what would be the best path to take I also have researched the Taiyo Yuden's which i have only seen at x8 is there anywhere to find the standard x4's?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 01:56 PM

Smile PS2 Boot cd

me got meself da PS2 PAL model no: SCPH-50004 (PS2 v11 I think) have copied a couple of games with DVDdecryptor seemed to have copied fine however i have tried booting my system with Gameshark2 v4 Swapmagic CD&DVD v3.6 &"PS2 Boot cd" nothing works infact all of the above metioned when booting up still shows the insert playstation or playstation2 disc can any one help please