CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:53 PM

Default Files too large for single dvd... what to do?

sponsored links

Hey everyone. I'm hoping this thread isn't dead yet.... I've made backups in the past of my ps2 games, with dvd decrypter and I had no problems before. However, I ran into a problem when trying to back one up today. The file was was over 5 gb....
Anyone know what to do when you get this? I've heard of somehow taking out files, but unfortunately I'm not so tech savy to just start throwing files out willynilly (you gang bangers oughta love that word).
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 06:03 PM

Default Help

Ok guys, i need help,
so i got the backup and everything.
my ps2's a version 5/6 scph-3001 R
its modded.

anyways,
i got the backup ready and everything, i tried a DVD+R and a DVD-r
the dvd+r is always leading me to the red screen saying pls insert ps2 format.
and like 5% of the time, it actually boots, then just hang up at the main menu.
the dvd-r wont load at all.

my burn process is 1x (sloweeessst)

its not a bad lens either, cos i cleaned it and adjusted the height and everything.

its modded (100% sure)

original games work perfectly

tnx
Old Aug 07, 2007, 05:09 AM

is there a way to burn disk if your ps2 doesnt ahve a mod chip?
Old Aug 07, 2007, 05:50 AM

also how does swap magic work?
Old Aug 10, 2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltin2002
Well, assuming you have a modded PS2 (chip or swap magic), then what you need to do is make an Image copy of the PS2. One of the best and easiest programs to use is DVDDecrypter:

***********.dvddecrypter.org.uk/

Once you have that running, insert the PS2 game in your DVD-R drive. Select MODE > ISO > READ.

Then select the destination folder on your harddrive. Now, simply hit run.

The program will read the game data and back it up to the folder you specified on your harddrive.

Once it is done, eject the PS2 game and insert a blank DVD-R disc. Now, select MODE > ISO > WRITE.

Select the ISO file (not the MDS file if you created one) from the folder that you just backed the game data to. Next, select your write speed. This part can be critical depending on your PS2, type of mod, etc. Itís best to do a 1x write to the disc. Iíve had many games not function properly at write speeds above 1x, and depending on your system, it doesnít take that much longer to burn at 1x as opposed to ďMaxĒ speedĒ. In fact, I havenít really noticed a difference.

Now hit run, and it will burn your game. Once itís done youíre ready to play.
I have done everything u have post, but the program keep telling me to choose mds file and won't let me choose iso, i just move the mds file but it won't run. do i have to make some adjustments in the options menu and later copy again the ps2 game??? when i was coping the game some times the speed was 200kbs(o.2x) can this affect the process???????????
I SHALL APPRECIATE ANY HELP.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Split
I've tried numerous times to burn/backup my PS2 games...yet they don't work. The programs I have are Nero StartSmart and Nero Express 6.

Can anybody give me STEP-BY-STEP directs on how to burn/backup my PS2 games?

Thanks!
u want 2 use dvd sringer that works but i use nero and i dont seem to have a problem it could just be the game is ever to big our u cant copy it the way u hv gd look any way