CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:42 AM

sponsored links

i have tryed to burn pes 6 with toast 6 titanium,but the game don't work...please,can someone help me????
Old Jan 25, 2007, 09:06 AM

Default ISO Editting

I got a question that I can't seem to get answered through my normal searches. Here's the situation.

A few months ago, I was at a Video Game convention. Naturally, people do bring their modded consoles to these things. But there was one special case that I saw.

One guy seemed to be running a PS2 emulator on his Flip-Top modded old PS2. The first thing that got me to believing that this was an emulator is that I saw a menu screen after he booted up with SwapMagic and it gave him a list of games to choose from.

Melty Blood
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
and Street Fighter 3: Third Strike. (J Version)

I also saw two more blank spaces for games. The menu itself was tile based with the artwork for the selectable games on them. Perhaps it may be some weird version of MAME seeings how that emulator has the same kind of Title Picture selection of its Game List. Whatever it was, it looked fairly professional.

I was shocked that such a thing existed, but there was more.

The group loaded up MVC2. Not only did this game run perfectly with no slowdown, but the music tracks were changed. They had a small Eminem track looping for the Character Select screen. "Huh...What?", I managed to stammer as I saw this.

So my question is this, any ideas what they were using and how they were doing it? I know they were running this from a DVD+R loaded from SwapMagic. That's pretty much all I know. The guys themselves wouldn't tell me anything. I guess they were sick and tired of people asking them about it.

This question has been burning in my head since I saw the thing a few months ago. But I'm not so much interested in the fancy emulator menu or playing multiple games on one DVD. (Though, that is pretty nice.) I'm more interested in changing the music tracks and editing the loops. What I wouldn't give to take King of Fighters 2001 and put in some music that doesn't suck that you could play the game to.

Last edited by SNK Psycho; Jan 25, 2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:24 AM

the multiple dvd dvd you talk about is quite straight forward to do if you know what your doing,dont know why they were so secretive...
as for the music,you need a special rip-kit to take out the music from a specific game
go to alucard.cc,its more of a spe******t site than this
Old Jan 26, 2007, 04:36 AM

I NEED HELP..

I am new to Backing up my PS2 games. I have found DVD Decrypter and am using. I do the ISO read OK. But once done there are NO ISO file to then Write. The MSO file is only 5KB and the other 2 files areI00 and I01 files...

What am I doing wrong...HELP....This is very annoying...
Old Jan 26, 2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satanact
I NEED HELP..

I am new to Backing up my PS2 games. I have found DVD Decrypter and am using. I do the ISO read OK. But once done there are NO ISO file to then Write. The MSO file is only 5KB and the other 2 files areI00 and I01 files...

What am I doing wrong...HELP....This is very annoying...
use the small MDS file,dvd decypter is set at default to split images,as its useful for users who are still using fat32 (doesnt allow single images over 4gb)
dont worry,it will combine and burn the 2 files you have
Old Jan 27, 2007, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4SKIN
use the small MDS file,dvd decypter is set at default to split images,as its useful for users who are still using fat32 (doesnt allow single images over 4gb)
dont worry,it will combine and burn the 2 files you have
Thats what I did. My PS2 still not reading the disc tho...When I out it back in the PC the files appear to be there...

Is it an issue if I set it to NEVER split files???