CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 08, 2006, 12:25 PM

Post Trouble C:\

I turned on my computer and all I get is this:

C:\

whatever I type I still get that same message..I don't know what to do.
I've tried norton antivirus along with other virus scanning and there are no viruses detected. Before it claimed it was also missing SYSTEM.INI file and I tried to fix it by placing the computer in MS-DOS mode however, that didn't seem to help and now it's stuck in MS-DOS mode. I don't know how to get out of this mode and how to install SYSTEM.INI if all that shows up is:

C:\

???
Any suggestions are welcome
Old May 20, 2007, 08:47 PM
Veteran

What version of windows are you using and how did you get into dos boot disk reebot in (win 98)? If your using any of the NT based windows oses you dont need or shouldnt have a system.ini

If you used a boot disk you did take it out of the floppy didnt you?

The system.ini should be in the windows folder and there should also be a backup in there with it system.--- I think it is

if you can access c windows from dos

just rename the backup to system.ini

Last edited by uk_trader; May 20, 2007 at 08:53 PM.