CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:18 PM

Default whats wrong?

sponsored links

Ok, my dreamcast is a rev: 1 PAL, probably from around 2000

I downloaded a couple of games for my dreamcast and after reading through a few forums like these I found out how to write them correctly to a cd, using either discjuggler or alcohol 120% raw/dao and since I already had alcohol I used that program. But when I was gonna play them they didn't seem to work. The dreamcast booted up like it usually does but then after the dreamcast logo, nothing happens. It just stays black. I wrote the games again, now with the default method instead of raw/dao, got the same results so i tried the latest disc juggler, version 4,6. It said the image was broken and asked me if i wanted it to fix the errors, I said no.. but that didnt work either. I tried using mode Mode 1/dvd, Mode 2, TOC: CD-XA, CD-DA, Block: 2352, 2048. Nothing works.

Since I had seen something about a utopia boot cd somewhere I decided to give it a try, I googled for utopia boot cd and downloaded "Utopia DC BootCD v1.1 - DiscJuggler Format" from ***********.megagames.com/dc/dc_utils_bootcd.shtml I wrote it with alcohol, 8x and raw/Dao and then put it in my dreamcast and booted it up, a picture of a character with some text appeared... for a second then i got the black screen before i could actually read what it said but i saw something about changing cds i think?. I tried opening the cd drive and put the games i had written in and closing the drive, nothing happend. So i started googling again and found newer versions of utopia, 1.3 and 1.5 and wrote them both with same results

Sometimes the games also show up as music cds on the dreamcast.

I know my dreamcast can run written games. 3 of the games i downloaded actually worked, Soul Calibur, Power stone 2 and expandable.

Why do the boot up cds only show a picture on screen for less than a second then give me a blue screen with nothing in it, thats obviously not normal, is it?

Also few minutes ago i wrote Dead or alive 2 using Mode 2, 2352, CD-DA settings in discjuggler and put it in my DC. The only thing i get is a black screen with the word Echelon on top and then list of all the games theyve ripped with some music playing. When i pressed the start button that screen went away and i got the usual black screen i always get and nothing happend, but after waiting like 5 minutes with the black screen on i saw the word TECMO appear for a second and it kept scrolling up and off the screen then appear on the bottom and then roll back upp and off screen and then it just disappeared and i was stuck with the black screen again.

What am i doing wrong? Do I need some special PAL or RE 1 version of games or the utopia boot up cds?

Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 05:40 PM

err i think i found the problem. The problem was that the TV I have only supports 50hz games. Is there a way to get 60hz games into 50hz?