CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:41 AM

Default router to laptop to xbox help

sponsored links

I have a wireless router linking to my laptop using a wireless network card in my laptop. I have a xbox with evox on and xbox media centre. I want to be able to access the internet on my xbox by using a crossover cable from my laptop to my xbox. I have a crossover cable and when i link my xbox to my laptop my wireless network connection doesnt work however i can send things from my laptop to my xbox. I have been told to bridge my wireless internet connection with my local area connection (xbox to laptop) However this doesnt work. It displays an error saying "you must have 2 highspeed or lan connections which are not using an internet connection sharing" I was just asking for some advice and wondering if anyone new how to do it.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:31 AM
Veteran

you would need a wireless ethent brigde... I don't beleive you can set up the wireless access point to to share the internet connection with your laptop. your xbox needs to be in dhcp or static mode in order to connect.

DHCP for your wire/less router to assign it an IP for internet sharing

static IP for you to share a network connection

the wireless access point you have is runnign in adhoc mode (I assume) and is not able to assign or designate an ip for the xbox. if you had a wireless bridge, then you could connect the xbox directly to your wireless network.

using the xbox wireless ly is tricky.... even with the mn740 wireless ethernet bridge from M$.

you maya also have to do some mac filtering to get it to work wirelessly.