CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 24, 2006, 04:37 PM

Default ALL Video Files Dissapeared off XBOX HD!?!?!

sponsored links

Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this if possible?

I've got a 400 GB H/D with evoX & XBMC installed.

Ive got about 110 Gigs spare. All my videos & XBMC have just dissapeared off the H/D. The same amount of free space still shows. All my games are still there and seem playable having only tested a couple.

I've re-installed XMBC and that works fine now. If anyone has any idea how to get the video files back, WITHOUT re-transferring them all again, I'd love to hear it?????

I think it must have happened when I ftp'd a couple of avi's & mp3's over.

Again, any help appreciated.

Lex
Old Sep 25, 2006, 07:50 PM

maby they got moved i would search all files on your hdd. if it shows the same space on it as befor they must have gotten moved.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 02:48 PM

I have looked pretty much everywhere through the file manager software of XBMC & through mapping the drive to the laptop.

Is there some way of doing a heavy duty scan on it through any software on the Xbox itself?

Even in xbmc system settings it says that 264 gigs is used. I can only visibly find about 56 gigs of that.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 07:14 PM

try using a ftp browser then right click and hit search or something of that sort
Old Dec 13, 2006, 12:52 AM

If you can see the xbox in your "My Computer"... which i can.... then try "space monger". it helped me out alot.
Old Mar 11, 2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLex
Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this if possible?

I've got a 400 GB H/D with evoX & XBMC installed.

Ive got about 110 Gigs spare. All my videos & XBMC have just dissapeared off the H/D. The same amount of free space still shows. All my games are still there and seem playable having only tested a couple.

I've re-installed XMBC and that works fine now. If anyone has any idea how to get the video files back, WITHOUT re-transferring them all again, I'd love to hear it?????

I think it must have happened when I ftp'd a couple of avi's & mp3's over.

Again, any help appreciated.

Lex

Hi, i am having the same issue here, i was watching a movie on my xbox while i was copying some moviefiles to this xbox. When the movie was finished i returned to the filebrowser and saw that all my movie files had disappeared, also my games and photo's are gone. Still there's about 250GB in use from the 320GB HDD. Have you found a solution to this problem? Anyone? Strange problem and a little frustrating......