CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 14, 2006, 04:24 AM

Question Project Justice Boot Problem

sponsored links

I recently DL'd [B]Project Justice[/B] through Azureus. After using WinRAR to extract the CDI file from the split files, I converted the CDI file to an NRG file and burned it to a disc using Nero 7. Usually I have no problems with this process but my Dreamcast will not recognize the disc. I assume this is a PAL version of the game but I can't boot it even using my Utopia Boot Disc. The Dreamcast constantly asks me to insert a game disc. Am I missing something? Are there files missing on the final burn I completed?

I started out with [B]epjust.001[/B] through [B]epjust.033[/B], with [B]epjust.sfv[/B]. After converting/extracting these to make [B]epjust.cdi[/B], I then converted it to [B]epjust.nrg[/B], burned it with Nero and ended up with what should be a DC Game CD that has 20 files... but it won't play.

Any help out there? I'm frustrated that it took me so long to figure out how to extract the CDi file in the first place, only to result in a damn coaster! Any suggestions or tips from somebody that knows would be appreciated. [I]Please DO NOT reply if you can't spell or grasp the english language well enough to explain yourself coherently.[/I] Thank you...
Old Oct 16, 2006, 07:35 PM

Cool

Well, we all get some coasters sooner or later. I know I have a working backup of PJ so I'm guessing it's not a problem with the cdi. I'm guessing the problem is happening in the conversion, or are you using a new type of CD-R (sony instead of tdk?) sometimes this does cause a problem. I would suggest getting a copy of [URL="***********.padus.com/downloads/demo.php"]DiscJuggler the demo is FREE and all you need, and use that to burn the cdi. I've also found that sometimes burning a disc at too fast of a speed can cause it not to work on my Dreamcast.

good luck
Old Oct 18, 2006, 05:59 PM

Thanks. I'll give those suggestions a try and see what comes out. I'll be back with some results soon...
Old Oct 20, 2006, 03:48 PM

Question Still No Luck

Well, no luck with those suggestions. The only other thing could be that the CDI file I extracted is corrupt or missing files. But according 2 what I find online, the Bittorrent contained all the files it needed 2 generate that CDI file. Has anybody out there been successful with Project Justice?
Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:36 AM

i recomend you use alcohol 120% to burn. by the way where can I find this file?
Old May 05, 2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamshady
Well, no luck with those suggestions. The only other thing could be that the CDI file I extracted is corrupt or missing files. But according 2 what I find online, the Bittorrent contained all the files it needed 2 generate that CDI file. Has anybody out there been successful with Project Justice?
I have. Bought it new at Funcoland when it new for only $19.99.