CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 05, 2007, 01:55 AM

Default Help! Nonstop Twinge Attacks!

sponsored links

I recently updated the firmware for my D-link Di-624 router and it now keeps logs of hacker activity etc. I currently have a wireless network with 2 computer running wirelessly. When one of the computers is connected to the internet the log for the router says:
"Jan/05/2007 01:28:57 TWINGE ATTACK Detect Packet Dropped
Jan/05/2007 01:28:14 TWINGE ATTACK Detect Packet Dropped
"
Those are just 2, but this is occurring every 30 seconds and when that computer is turned off the attack no longer shows up in the logs.

I have tried running multiple virus scans and spyware scan using spybot, Ad-aware and can't seem to find anything. A google search didn't help much because the only thing I got out of it was to enable "discard ping from wan side" in my router but that didn't solve the problem.

It would help if I new what a twinge attack was, I'm not sure if it's someone attacking me locally or from outside and what I can possibly do to make this stop. I tried shutting off my modem and keeping it off all night so I can be reissued a new ip by my isp but that still didn't solve the problem. It seems to be a problem with my 1 computer. As far as my network, I have 128 bit encryption set up with MAC filtering

Can anyone please point me in the right direction or help me out.
This is my main computer where I do work and I'm scared to check e-mails and pretty much anything that involves a password.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.