CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows Vista
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 07, 2007, 08:23 PM

Post [OT] please help: Windows Vista verions ?!

Hi

At first I apologise for offtopic.

I can buy legal version of Windows Vista for a very cheap price, and I need to make a decision very fast.

As we all know there are couple Windows Vista versions.
There is: Ultimate Version which is the most expensive product, Home Premium, Home Basic, Business and Enterprise.

I will write in short what for I use my computer.
Mostly entertainment: playing games, watching movies, online TVs, browsing the net, music listening.

My computers configuration is:
Processor: Core 2 Duo 6600 - not yet overclocked, but I will try later (by the way: which cooler would you recommend ? no water-cooling !)
Ram: 2x OCZ 1GB 800Mhz
Graphics card: Asus GeForce 8800 GTX (unfortunately just one, not SLI)
Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe (by the way: on the box there is ATI Crossfire technology logo, but is it possible to plug into this motherboard to Nvidia Cards for SLI system ? Or maybe its possible to two video cards only from ATI? )
Harddrives: 2x Seagate 250GB 7200.10 16MB Cache
Monitor: Dell 2405FPW

Please help me!
Best regards,

Tom Bobek

----- sIgNaTuRe -----
my comp:c2d 6600 @ asus p5w dh deluxe & 2x 1GB ocz 800mgz & 2x 250gb seagate & geforce 8800 GTX -=-=- favorite games: quake3, quake4, farcry, fear, lost planet@xbox360 -=-=- system administrator at [url=********xxxputas.espanacams.com/]sexocams and [url=********xxxputas.mamadoras.es/]mamadoras -=-=- succefully graduated UAM university in Poznan/Poland ! -=-=- favorite music: sting, nelly furtado, 50 cent, R&B, dance -=-=- still looking for real dream-job
Old Feb 07, 2007, 09:44 PM
Veteran

Befor you change to Vista, you need to know if you can get the new drivers for all of the various programs you use, pluss updated drivers hor the hardware you have installed, such as audio and video cards etc.

Cant see it being much use going to Vista until new program versions and drivers are out.

colin.
Old Feb 09, 2007, 01:32 AM

Smile ...

Yes a very valid point because hardware and and software needs drivers that are compatible...

To your orignal post i would suggest home premium for the muilti tasking such as games, firewall. home basic is the basic of basics (made for mom and pop who check mainly e-mail). ultimate has a real nice bit locker that i like, but may not intrest you.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 03:33 PM

if you can afford to i would go for vista ultimate, that way your covered on all aspects of what you want to do with your pc in the future.

im running vista ultimate and it is really good for compatibilty, drivers and software that do not have vista drivers released to date can be installed under xp compatability mode, vista even has 98/me comp mode. so far i am really pleased with my vista ultimate.

another reason to go for ultimate is the vista ultimate extras available from windows update, like vista dreamscene that enables you to use a movie file for your desktop.

just another thought... why not download and try vista for 30 days without a coa before you buy

Last edited by SelectA99; Feb 25, 2007 at 03:35 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 07:34 PM

Default OT please help Windows Vista verions

hy please i need help, MTA not running in Windows Vista. Please say me what I must do so that it works in Winodws Vista.

Thanks
Old Feb 05, 2012, 01:51 AM

Default low-priced *******

In rare instances, men [url=********buycheap*******online.com/]******* brand <a href=" ********buycheap*******online.com/ ">buy ******* online</a> entrancing PDE5 inhibitors (vocal [url=********buycheapgeneric******online.com/]****** buy online <a href=" ********buycheapgeneric******online.com/ ">buy ****** generic</a> ******** dysfunction medicines, including ******) reported a [url=********achat******enligne.fr/]achat ****** Strasbourg <a href=" ********achat******enligne.fr/ ">achat ****** Nantes</a> triggered weaken or destitution of vision. It is not attainable to conclude whether these events are kinswoman fair-minded to these medicines or to other factors. If you involvement unplanned abate or deprivation of mirage, bourgeon oodles up captivating PDE5 inhibitors, including ******, and hail a doctor submit away.