CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 11, 2007, 05:51 AM

Exclamation Dreamcast backup help...If anyone knows how

sponsored links

Ok i bought a dreamcast because hey i was told it was easy to get the games offline. So far i havnt really found **** cause all the sites are gone or just some bs goose chase. So i get this mvc2 mix revised off a torrent site. and i burn it straight onto a cd and when i put it in with the utopia boot program it just makes hella loud clicking noises and doesnt go anywhere.. So i try to selfboot the disk and it does the same thing. So hey i reburn again this time following some person offa this forum or some other forums advice do tao ,take off 3rd party imaging, overburn ect.. ive tried all this stuff, ive reburnt the disk at least 8 times and i really hate wasting so many cds. my model isnt after 2000 its from 1999 so its not that.. If anyone that knows please help
Old Feb 14, 2007, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtkid
Ok i bought a dreamcast because hey i was told it was easy to get the games offline. So far i havnt really found **** cause all the sites are gone or just some bs goose chase. So i get this mvc2 mix revised off a torrent site. and i burn it straight onto a cd and when i put it in with the utopia boot program it just makes hella loud clicking noises and doesnt go anywhere.. So i try to selfboot the disk and it does the same thing. So hey i reburn again this time following some person offa this forum or some other forums advice do tao ,take off 3rd party imaging, overburn ect.. ive tried all this stuff, ive reburnt the disk at least 8 times and i really hate wasting so many cds. my model isnt after 2000 its from 1999 so its not that.. If anyone that knows please help
What format is the file you downloaded and what program are you using to burn it?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:42 AM

the file is cdi... and i have been using disk juggler , nero and i follow all the directions exactly and still doesnt work... Been looking just to buy the games..
Marvel vs capcom 2
Marvel vs capcom
sega saturn emulator with xmen vs streetfighter
unreal tourny or championship
i think its snk vs marvel or snk vs capcom
Old May 03, 2007, 04:12 AM

Default I Need Help!!!!!! Please

but can you tell me if i could use a code breaker as a boot disk to play import games on my dreamcast,i have the black sports edition it was manufactured August, 2000
Old May 05, 2007, 03:12 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtkid
the file is cdi... and i have been using disk juggler , nero and i follow all the directions exactly and still doesnt work... Been looking just to buy the games..
Marvel vs capcom 2
Marvel vs capcom
sega saturn emulator with xmen vs streetfighter
unreal tourny or championship
i think its snk vs marvel or snk vs capcom
Have you any retail Dreamcast games? That is games on GD-ROMs I speak of. If so do youi get the same problems?

All I have to go by here is that you have a Dreamcast and a CD-R of MvC2: The Accurate Mix or MVsC2: The Accurate Remix (both have great songs) and your Dreamcast makes those clicks. I would have to say you are in need of a new GD-ROM drive.

What has taken the lives of so many Dreamcasts is that owners back when Dreamcasts were new didn't take time to read the instructions system instructions on how to turn off the Dreamcast. The proper way is to press the "OPEN" button and then press "POWER". That allows the gears inside to disengage for a safe shutdown. Turning it off just by hitting "POWER" is like shifting a manual transmission car without using the clutch pedal. This rule also applies to the Saturn, GameCube, and PS2two.

My Dreamcast that I use for CD-Rs sometimes tries to go all clicky on me, but I found that hittying the lid with the controller helps sometimes. I have four Dreamcasts, and the one I use for CD-Rs is basically my spare parts Dreamcast.

That brings up another point about the Dreamcast, don't use the same system to play both retail and CD-R games. I don't know why this happens, but it hasn't just happened to me; uing a mix of CD-R and GD-ROM games will kill the GD-ROM Drive.

You also say you want a Saturn Emulator? You amy have to wait for hardware that's as powerful as the PlayStation 5 to emulate that beast. What you really should get is FBAxxx. It's not ****. It's not a BMX-XXX game. (I have to say that.) What FBAxxx, for the XBOX, is the best CPS1, CPS2, Neo-Geo emulator. You can then have the arcade versions of most of Capcom's fighting history and SNK to boot. (note: Street Fighter 3 is CPS3, and all three versions were made for the DC anyway, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is NAOMI.)

Now to answer "CharlesThaDon",

A Code Breaker makes for a poor boot disc, since it doesn't act as one. I would suggest downloading and burning the Utopia Boot CD and burn it to a CD-R for booting your imports. Minimal use of a CD-R won't kill your Dreamcast, but if it does worry you, the GameShark Cheats & Codes Volume 1 works as a good Boot Disc.