CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 16, 2007, 02:12 PM

Default Can someone please HELP me with a CD copy problem??

sponsored links

Novice here trying to figure out how to successful make a backup for my son's Sims2 game. I downloaded a trial version of Blindwrite, which surprisingly did a nice job of reading & writing all 4 of the cd's. Everything installed successfully off the new copies. However, when I click the .exe with Disk 1 in the cd-rom I get this windows dialog box [Cannot locate the CD-ROM] that says "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application." And this is the same CD_ROM I used to install the game. ? Is there some missing file on Disk 1 that did not get transfered onto the new copy? How do I fix this? He already has a few scratches in the master and we just got the thing. I like to have him use the copies instead of the masters.

Thanks,
craig
Old Mar 16, 2007, 04:19 PM
Veteran

Some games need a no cd fix, so do a search for it.

colin.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 04:40 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Games have copy protection, usually Securom or Safedisc, which is why it's asking you for the CD as it doesn't recognise the copy. (It doesn't check during install, only when you play)

You can make a working copy if you have the correct burner and learn the procedure, but the easiest way is to use any burning program and copy the game as a data CD, then use a No CD patch so it doesn't require the disc to play.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:48 AM

Go to gameworld.com and download Clony. Run Clony and it will tell you what kind of copy protection you have on the CD. Then with clone CD you can make a working copy if your burner supports raw mode plus 96 (preferred, may or may not work with lesser). pahoo31.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 06:24 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

It's not that simple Pahoo31.

Clony and ClonyXXL are outdated and useless for modern games. They haven't been updated for years.

CloneCD cannot copy Securom protected games on it's own. (About 50% of games are Securom).

Nor can CloneCD copy Starforce or Tages protected games.

Alcohol 120% is better than CloneCD, but the easiest way is to use any burning program, copy the game as a regular data CD and use a No CD patch.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 06:41 PM
Veteran

The latest securom 7 needs the disc to be saved with DVD Decryper, then the mds file modified with A Rayscanner and then use the modified mds file to burn back the image, it does not alter the errors built into the program.

it use to be the norm for one of the disk's to be protected and the others unprotected

Hiya Inso, long time no see M8