CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD Tutorials and Guides
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Mar 31, 2007, 11:17 PM

Default Apple TV

sponsored links

Apple TV is a small device (7.7in square and 1.1in high) that's destined for your living room. It attaches to a widescreen digital TV and, optionally, a home theatre sound system. After you've hooked up an Apple TV and turned on on your TV set, you'll see a menu of options that are similar to those you'd find on an iPod or in Apple's Front Row software for the Mac.

In addition to connecting to your TV, the Apple TV connects to your home network, most commonly via 802.11 wireless networking.(The device has an ethernet port on the back as well, if your network is wired rather than wireless.) Once that's done, Apple TV can act as a bridge between your computer which has a hard drive filled with movies, TV shows, music and photos and your television.

That sounds very well about Apple TV, but when Apple TV was released, most pepole asked the same question: if we buy one of Apple TV, does that mean we can download movies anywhere (such as *********Now or EZMovies) on the iMac, and then watch them on our widescreen tv?

I think that unless someone hacks an aTV to play other formats, you're probably limited to iTS purchases or stuff that you encode yourself.I guess you could convert them to h264 or mpeg4 yourself

Yesterday I wanded to search some news about Apple TV, but, unexpected I found Imtoo DVD to Apple TV converter!

How fast a new manufacture is devised today!

That maybe could solve the problem above
But if imtoo DVD to Apple TV converter can do a good job, it may have a conclusion after test it(***********.imtoo.com/downloads/dvd-to-appletv... ), I think more and more products like Apple Tv converter will appear in the market.

A recent report from overseas stated Apple's initial order of 100,000 Apple TV units was due to begin shipping State-side later this month, suggesting that initial sales of the device may be exceeding the company's own internal expectations.

If you have any comments or have heard anything else, let's chart here
Closed Thread