CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 16, 2007, 10:20 PM

Default Ps2 slim reset light turns green for 1 second, then goes back to red

sponsored links

My ps2 won't power up!! When i press reset switch, it goes green for one second, then back to red.. I tried using a friends power adapter but that didnt resolve it.. my only guess is maybe a fuse problem? just wondering how hard it is to fix this problem..
thanks

*edit* obviously, i cant get to ps menu or anything. laser doesnt move, no power appears to be coming thru, other than the red light. ps2 is completely inoperable.

Last edited by korimus; May 16, 2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old May 18, 2007, 04:01 AM

Default Red Then Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by korimus
My ps2 won't power up!! When i press reset switch, it goes green for one second, then back to red.. I tried using a friends power adapter but that didnt resolve it.. my only guess is maybe a fuse problem? just wondering how hard it is to fix this problem..
thanks

*edit* obviously, i cant get to ps menu or anything. laser doesnt move, no power appears to be coming thru, other than the red light. ps2 is completely inoperable.
I'm not 100% sure on this answer, but I think you may have overloaded your system. I was so fed up with my slimline ps2 getting the "disc could not be read" error that I became desperate and wound up trying to use a laptop ac/adapter (i was thinking my ps2 ac adapter may not be supplying enough power) The ps2 ac adapter has an output of 8.5v and the laptop an output of 19v. Needless to say, the laptop adapter was more than double the v and ever since I plugged it in my ps2 will go to green for about 1 second then immed. back to red.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 01:00 PM

Default Ps2 slim reset light turns green for 1 second, then goes back to red

Quote:
Originally Posted by korimus View Post
thanks

Hi, this is a fairly easy fix. the problem is one of the fuses/resisters.
you will need a digital meter, you can buy one for about $3.00 from harbor freight.com

THESE ARE THE FUSES/RESISTERS YOU WILL NEED TO TEST.
PS1, PS2, PS17, PS8, PS13, PS6, PS15, PS3, PS7, PS11, PS14, PS4, PS5 and power fuse F001.

set the meter on 20K, these resisters/fuses should read the same as if you touched the two leads of the meter together, the meter should go to 0 or 1.
if the meter registers more than two or if you don`t get a reading at all than the fuse is blown.

good luck.
Old Mar 09, 2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpyun View Post
I'm not 100% sure on this answer, but I think you may have overloaded your system. I was so fed up with my slimline ps2 getting the "disc could not be read" error that I became desperate and wound up trying to use a laptop ac/adapter (i was thinking my ps2 ac adapter may not be supplying enough power) The ps2 ac adapter has an output of 8.5v and the laptop an output of 19v. Needless to say, the laptop adapter was more than double the v and ever since I plugged it in my ps2 will go to green for about 1 second then immed. back to red.

easy fix. it`s just a fuse.