CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 13, 2007, 10:48 PM

Default Only a true veteran can answer this!!

sponsored links

Hey you guys. I have a complicated question as you can see from my title.

I have or had a very cool DC game half life gold, it used to work but when the cd started making the console act a little wierd I threw the disk out. Now I cant burn it again.

Here is why: a dreamcast .cdi file has two sessions on it (is that what they are called?). There is usually a tiny session in the beginning of the burn and then the next part of the session @ least 90% of the whole cdi file burns.

The first session for half life is gone on the .cdi how could I recover it or is it possible to restore this corrupted file of a great game? (It happened close to a year ago so I cant do system restore)
Old Aug 07, 2007, 05:57 AM

hmmm from memory the first file was a dummy file - you can get a dummy file creator with a little googling...the file shouldn't be gone though as the cdi file is the entire thing - what l mean is you load the cdi, start to burn and it will burn the 2 sessions - all the data should be in the cdi file there shouldn't be two.

Anyway, this is all from memory...been a while....try to burn it and see what happens.

Have a good one,

Groggy