CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 11:48 AM

Question I can't use Headphones

sponsored links

I don't know why, but I try to plug in headphones on my computer and i can't' hear anything. On my old computer i could put headphones on and turn off the speaker to hear but now i can't on this new computer. What's wrong?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 06:28 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Do the headphones work on another device? And what is the operating system?

Make sure you have the correct audio drivers installed for your hardware, then check Device Manager, and Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel for any issues.

Start, Run and type in [b]sndvol32[/b] then OK. Is "Phone" listed, not muted and the volume turned up? (XP)

If it's not listed, then under "Options", click "Properties", and make sure it's on playback and "Phone" is checked.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
Do the headphones work on another device? And what is the operating system?

Make sure you have the correct audio drivers installed for your hardware, then check Device Manager, and Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel for any issues.

Start, Run and type in [b]sndvol32[/b] then OK. Is "Phone" listed, not muted and the volume turned up? (XP)

If it's not listed, then under "Options", click "Properties", and make sure it's on playback and "Phone" is checked.
I clicked "options" and "properties", it was already on playback and there is no "phone" to be checked. Only digital out, front green, front blue, front pink, and the rest.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Bling$
I clicked "options" and "properties", it was already on playback and there is no "phone" to be checked. Only digital out, front green, front blue, front pink, and the rest.

Is "Microphone" ticked if not tick it.

Then under Microphone make sure "Mute" is not ticked and Volume for it is turned up.

Now check it in the BACK microphone plug of the motherboard if you are using the onboard sound or in the microphone socket to the sound card if fitted, if now working here, you can now try it in the FRONT connection.

If not working here make shure the FRONT connections are connected to the motherboard inside.

colin.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 07:45 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Bling$

What colour or plug do you have the headphones plugged into? (Unless it's USB?) And is it via the front, or rear? Need more precise info please.

Make sure you don't have headphones disabled in the audio program you are using.

And from memory, blue is generally used for headphones. (This may vary or I could be wrong)

If you have it connected correctly, and you're sure the headphones work, the only thing I can think of is drivers.
Old Jul 25, 2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler68
Is "Microphone" ticked if not tick it.

Then under Microphone make sure "Mute" is not ticked and Volume for it is turned up.

Now check it in the BACK microphone plug of the motherboard if you are using the onboard sound or in the microphone socket to the sound card if fitted, if now working here, you can now try it in the FRONT connection.

If not working here make shure the FRONT connections are connected to the motherboard inside.

colin.
the microphone is not on mute. I'll still try to mess with it to see if i can fix it.
Closed Thread