CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Aug 15, 2007, 05:43 PM

sponsored links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac
You've confused me. Flash requires Adobe Flash Player, not Java.

It's the same setup as Java, and the site will tell you if it's installed properly.

Anyway, can you post a link of a page you're having problems with, so I can check what the format is?
This problem has ME confused.
Well since he get's on myspace too, the music player on the pages says he needs to install it, so you can check the music pages and see what type those are. He also watches flash animations at Flashportal.com and he can't see all the videos.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 08:14 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

You could have at least provided a couple of links to the sites giving you trouble, as I asked.

Anyway, the Flash Portal site, and My Space videos both use Flash and not Java.

In order to view them, you need to install Adobe Flash Player from ***********.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

The site will walk you through and tell you once it's installed correctly.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
You could have at least provided a couple of links to the sites giving you trouble, as I asked.

Anyway, the Flash Portal site, and My Space videos both use Flash and not Java.

In order to view them, you need to install Adobe Flash Player from ***********.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

The site will walk you through and tell you once it's installed correctly.
that's the exact same spot that it takes us to, and i install it and still nothing, but i'll try to do something about it....
Old Aug 16, 2007, 04:55 PM
Veteran

That's weird, it should simply install once you click on Download Now, check the box and select Install.

It should also install an ActiveX control which you should allow (IE will block it)

When the display video plays, it's installed.

If not, go to C*:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and see if there is a ShockWave Flash Object icon listed.

If you right-click it, Properties, Dependency tab, it should tell you if it's damaged or not.

Also check the version number on the Version tab.

If it's damaged, simply delete the icon, and reinstall Flash from Adobe's site.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
That's weird, it should simply install once you click on Download Now, check the box and select Install.

It should also install an ActiveX control which you should allow (IE will block it)

When the display video plays, it's installed.

If not, go to C*:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files and see if there is a ShockWave Flash Object icon listed.

If you right-click it, Properties, Dependency tab, it should tell you if it's damaged or not.

Also check the version number on the Version tab.

If it's damaged, simply delete the icon, and reinstall Flash from Adobe's site.

ok i went to C*:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files , and checked the properties, then i clicked on dependency and at the right it says size (bytes) and it says damaged under it, is that what you are talking about? .... and i also noticed i found it on 2-3 other files there too....
Old Aug 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
Veteran

Don't worry about the other files. If their parent program is working OK, there's no need to worry.

Your problem is with Adobe Flash Player, at least for now.

Delete the Shockwave Flash and/or Adobe Flash Player icon/s, then go to the Adobe site and install both.

The Adobe site will tell you once it's installed correctly.

There should also be an entry (or more than one) in Add/Remove for Adobe Flash if it's installed properly.
Closed Thread