CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 03, 2007, 04:49 AM

Default bloody chipped ps2 screwing up discs

sponsored links

Ok, so I've had a mod chipped ps2 for about 3 years. After the 1st year, I rarely used it until the past 6 months. Recently, after playing a game for about 5 minutes a ticking sort of sound is made from the ps2, and after a while, the sound goes away. The only way to temporarily fix this for about 1 minute was to smash the ps2 as hard as I could. Anyway, i found out that the ps2 was scratching my disc and i couldnt play it anymore.

Recently I tried a new disc, played fine for a while before the sound came back and it froze. now i cant play any games, sez please insert a ps2 disc. Someone please help? anything i can do short of getting a new one?
Old Jan 06, 2009, 04:48 AM

Default ps2 screwing up discs

yeah i had the same problem it would make a clicksound then a second one then the game would boot up but when i took the disc out it was badly scrached a circluler chalky type of scratch which did ruin my old resident evil outbreak it was my birthday present within that day it was broken by sonys shoddy console.
i got sony to repair my console told them to give me a replacment disc they refused untill i took it the highist i could i finaly got my game replaced after a month or two my old ps2 was never modified in any way so it may not be your modchip thats the problem it may be something else

thanks