CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD Tutorials and Guides
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 03:49 AM

Unhappy A simple request.. burn DVD files into DVD which will work in all players

sponsored links

ok... so i have been playing with my movie back-ups.... but its kind of frustrating as I still have not found the appropriate solution to my situation .....

History:
I use DVD RipitForme (which uses DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink 3.2)..... thereby creating the "Audio_TS" and "Video_TS" folders..with the files in a VOB format to my hard disk.

Issue:
I need to burn these files to play in my standalone Sony DZK player and my Samsung DVD player.
I have traditionally being creating "Data discs" using "CD burner XP" or "Roxio digital media by Sonica Solutions".
~~This works with my Sony player...which is capable of playing Divx's as well... but it does not play on my samsung... which can only recognise common DVD format.....

So I guess creating Data Discs is not the best option.....

Current State:
I used the "Save image to HD" and "Burn image to Disc" on Roxio... which created ".gi" files from the original DVD... which I assume are the Image files .....

~~EUREKA... now this works on both players........

BUT ISSUE is not SOLVED...........

??? I need to burn such DVD formats (assuming images are the best way to copy DVDs) from the "Vob" file rip's which I have already ripped and saved on my HD.....and I am looking for a free software which can do just that ???

last Q - is burning .gi files the best way to create DVD copies?.... I am only looking for free softwares to do that...i want to rip my movies, and burn copies...what is the best option?...
Old Jul 20, 2008, 08:25 PM
Veteran

I use CloneDVD2, just select Write Existing Data, point it to the VIDEO_TS file, select your DVD drive and go.

So far i have not come across a stand alone DVD player that the disks will not play on.

colin.
Closed Thread