CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD Graphics & Karaoke
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 18, 2002, 01:27 AM

sponsored links

HtRd2000Ht,

Would you be kind enough to answer some questions? I'm a total "Newbie" all I want is to be able to get basic DirectTV. I currently have a Dish with the Dual deal to it and an RCA Receiver. Can I use that one for those programmed cards or do I need to purchase a special one? Also how can I program those Gold Cards, SilverCards etc. myself, What kind of programmer would I need to purchase? Better yet, what accesories do I need to start making cards for myself? I really want to do this, so if you would please explain or direct me to a website that explains everything I need to start.

Thank you very much!
Old Feb 18, 2002, 03:10 AM

I just got a direct tv and can purchase a loader and h or hu cards. H card for 200 and hu for 70$. I want to know what is the difference? I heard that h card can be reprogrammed many times without looping it but the hu card is easy to mess up. Also I was told not to purchase H card because within next 6 month it wont work. Is this true? Also is it easy to use the loader? And will the h-hu cards get the basketball football season passes? Please answer my questions will be very greatfull.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 12:05 PM

T4104 Yes you can use your subscribed card if that is what you are saying ou have but I would not recommend it cause the HU (Football cards) are very easy to loop and can only be unlooped by sending to canada sorry dont know anything about gold or silver cards and to do directv cards you will need a hu loader for the football cards and a h unlooper for the satellite cards I cant recommend a particular site but just look around on the internet and e-mail me before you buy cause there are so many scammers on the internet

spade1
we know more about the h cards and if they get looped while programing you can buy a h unlooper to unloop those yourself but as for the hu's you can loop them fairly easy and when you do you cant just go out a buy unlooper you will have to buy another card or send them to canada if you know where to send them and I have been in the hobby for 6 years and they have been saying the h stream will be cut off in 6 months for years now no one really know but directv and it depends what script is put on the card whether you get the season passess for football and basketball and baseball
Old Feb 18, 2002, 01:00 PM

Thanks HtRd2000Ht,

now I understand that HU cards are the ones with the FootBall characters in them. But I'm totally comfused about the H cards. Can I use the H cards here in the US? Are the H cards the same as the Gold and Silver and Fun cards that they mention on most of the posts here? Also I was recommended to buy the ELVIS Multiprogrammer, is that everything I need? Would that be any good for me here in the US?

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2002, 01:08 PM

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by HtRd2000Ht [/i]
[B]directv cards you will need a hu loader for the football cards and a h unlooper for the satellite cards [/B]
Can you explain this a little more? HU loader? and unlooper for the satellite cards? Which are satellite cards? Anything relateed to the H or Hu?

Sorry if I'm bugging you
Thank you.
Old Feb 18, 2002, 03:21 PM

Thanks Htrd your response was helpfull...one last question the unlooper and the holder are two different pieces? And if they are how much would an unlooper cost?