CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 06, 2009, 06:03 AM

Default i need help with modchips for ps2

sponsored links

yer okay i have a playstation 2 slim version scph 7003 i have had it for 4 years exellent condition and would like to install a modchip for it to play backup psx and ps2 and all region unlocked without the need for swop magic or gameshark codes.

im realy confused i have no experience with soldering installing modchips plus i dont know the great chips or chips to avoid
im very new to this sort off thing i am planning on getting my ps2 chipped but i can not find anywere in liverpool or anyone who i can trust to do this job
i asked a friend he said that i may be able to get it done at the sunday market were they do anything from sd cards playing in ds games 40 full games for for 40 so i may find myself a dealer at one of these stalls who deals with ps2 mod chip installs ok heres the big question how do i know to trust the dealer or avoid him i dont want him to take my ps2 away i want it done there and then if this is possible i have seen modchip instalations and some ive seen are done in 10 mins.

here is a few questions i need answers for any advice would be greatly appreciated.

q1 what mod chips for ps2 should i avoid

q2 which modchips are best for my machine < info above >

q3 how do i know if the dealer is not scamming me for any reason what
should i prepare for when he gets done < if it gets done >

q4 is matrix infinaty the best known chip on ps2

q5 the cost in the uk to get my ps2 modified installed with a reasonable price of course.

q6 any other info i need to know getting this done.

thanks if anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated i have no experience with modded consoles so im confused

thanks