CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 04:56 PM

Default My Book 1TB, after unplugging makes A drive go crazy

sponsored links

I have recently purchased the 1TB My Book Essentials. I copied some files from my HD to the book fine. However, once I unplug the My Book from the USB port my Drive A for the 3.5 floppy keeps trying to access every five seconds. I can disable the drive, but sometimes I am required to write to a floppy. Is there any known issues of this situation?

Also, this effect happens on any PC I plug the My Book into then remove it. Even after the PC is rebooted, it still tries to constantly access the A Drive.

Maybe I should reformat the drive? But either way, my drive A is just going nuts if enabled and cant seem to find out what is now causing it with the Book unplugged.

-guy
Closed Thread