CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:09 PM

Default Play video on Xbox 360—How to convert and play MTS/M2TS to Xbox 360 on Mac

sponsored links

Play video on Xbox 360—How to convert and play MTS/M2TS to Xbox 360 on Mac

[b]Does the Xbox 360 support MTS/M2TS files?[/b]
No,the Xbox 360 does not support MTS/M2TS videos; If you have a bunch of wonderful camcorder videos you would like to play them on your Xbox 360. You need to convert them into WMV, [url=********en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC]H.264 or [url=********en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4]MPEG-4 media for Xbox 360 to be playable.

[b]Introduction[/b]
MTS/M2TS format is ahigh-definition MPEG, AVC, H.264 transport stream video file format which commonly used by HD camcorders such as Sony, Canon, Panasonic,
hard to play on many popular players.

The Xbox 360 is a Microsoft-developed video game console that features a variety of multimedia capabilities. The system features high-definition video output, internal memory, USB compatibility and Internet access. These features can be used together or independently to stream various types of video. The Xbox 360 supports videos in [url=********en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Media_Video]Windows Media Video (WMV) format (including [url=********en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television]high-definition and [url=********en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_PlaysForSure]PlaysForSure videos), as well as [url=********en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.264/MPEG-4_AVC]H.264 and [url=********en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4]MPEG-4 media. The December 2007 dashboard update added support for the playback of [url=********en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPEG-4_Part_2]MPEG-4 ASP format videos.

[b]How to convert MTS/M2TS to Xbox 360 on Mac?[/b]
Xbox 360 can not support MTS/M2TS video, but I still want to watch video what I shot by my Canon HF10 on Xbox 360. What should I do? I was told to complete the follow steps.

[b]Step1:[/b] Convert MTS/M2TS to Xbox 360 should use [url=***********.my-video-converter.com/mts_converter_mac/]Moyea MTS/M2TS converter for Mac. So download and install this program.

[b]Step2:[/b] Add MTS/M2TS files, more than one is acceptable by clicking [b]“add” [/b]button. Select the output file, in the [b]"Format"[/b] drop-down list; choose[b] Xbox 360 WMV [/b]as the output video format. All the target formats are shown in the dropdown list. Then click the[b] "Browse"[/b] button or directly enter a path in [b]"Destination"[/b] box. You could change the file name in main list by double clicking the destination file.

[b]Step3: [/b]Start converting MTS/M2TS videos to Xbox 360 WMV on Mac. Just click [b]"Convert"[/b]button to start the conversion. The popup frame will let you know how much will spend on converting, and how much time have left etc. If you want to let all files into one, please check [b]“Merge into one file”[/b] before conversion.
[img]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mts_converter_mac/moyea_mts_converte_step.jpg[/img]

[b]Tips—– Basic functions of this [url=***********.my-video-converter.com/mts_converter_mac/]Moyea MTS/M2TS converter for Mac.[/b]
[b]1. How to let my output files smaller or the definition higher than before?[/b]
MTS/M2TS is just a big file with high-definition. Want to get smaller size of out output files, you should first enter [b]“setting”[/b] then down-regulate the bitrate and framerate. Want to get higher-vision videos, up-regulate them.

[b]2. How to split my video?[/b]
The [b]"Trim"[/b] function which in [b]“Edit”[/b]also serves as a video splitter for you to get any time-length video clip. You can set the exact time-length of the episode by setting the"Start Time" and "End Time" or directly drag the slide bar to choose the position you want.

[b]3. How to crop off the black edges and adjust the size of video play region?[/b]
By using the [b]"Crop"[/b]function you can crop off the black edge of your video and you can also adjust the video region to fit for your Xbox 360, you only need to drag the dashed line around the video image.

[b]4. How to remove interlaces of my video?[/b]
When you shoot video from your TV, or in the theatre, you will find many interlaces on the video when you play back. Don’t worry, just click the[b] “Effect”[/b], you will see [b]“deinterlacing”[/b], and only need to check it, then the converted file will be good without interfaces.
[img]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mts_converter_mac/moyea_mts_converter_tip.jpg[/img]

[b]How to play converted videos on Xbox 360?[/b]
Transfer the converted video files to a USB flash drive. You can also burn them to a CD or [url=***********.ehow.com/dvd/]DVD.Plug the flash drive into either one of the USB ports on the face of the Xbox 360 and then turn on the Xbox 360 and access the [b]"Media"[/b] tab on the main system menu. The flash drive will be recognized under the[b] "Video"[/b]tab as a portable device. Select video you wish to watch. It will begin playing on whatever display the Xbox 360 is connected to. You can use the controller to pause, rewind or fast-forward the video.

[b]Tips: How can I watch other (AVI, divx, xvid, MKV, FLV etc.) videos on my Xbox 360? [/b]
You could also convert these files to WMV which is compatible with Xbox 360. Using [b][url=***********.my-video-converter.com/video_converter_mac/]Moyea video converter for Mac[/b],you can convert almost all formats of video, including HD video like TOD, MOD, MTS/M2TS, and TS etc with good quality in short time, never happen out of sync.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 08:26 PM

Default How to convert MKV (Matroska) video on Mac OS?

How to convert MKV (Matroska) video on Mac OS?

[b]1. What’s MKV?[/b]
MKV is a container format developed by Matroska which is similar to AVI, MOV and MP4 that supports several types of video compression and video codec. Other fileformats from the Matroska Multimedia Container are .mka for audio filesand .mks for subtitles. This .MKV file format is most commonly used forHD files. Although, this type of file is commonly used, it is noteasily opened on your Mac or play on most of popular players.

[b]2. What media software could play MKV video on Mac?[/b]
Everyone Mac user knows that not every codec will play .mkv files. ForMac user, the most popular media players that support this file formatare VLC media player, MPlayer and Apple QuickTime Player with thePerian component installed.

VLC media player contains a decoder to decode the .mkv files. Itwill also play most of the formats you will find inside the .mkv file.But it still does not support is RealVideo. That is because RealVideois proprietary and you must have RealPlayer to play its files.

[b]3. Trouble shooting MKV files problems.[/b]
If you happen to download or have a file that has an .mkv extension and you just can’t play it, this advice should help you out: Make sure you have downloaded the latest codec pack. A codec pack is a collection of themost common and latest decoding drivers that will enable you to play avariety of multimedia extensions including .mkv files.

If you still can not play it successfully or just do not satisfied with your MKV video only played on your Mac, you can use Moyea [url=***********.my-video-converter.com/mkv_converter_mac/]MKV Converter for Macto convert kinds of MKV files to MP4, AVI, WMV, H.264/AVC, DivX, XviD,MOV, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, FLV, VOB, SWF, OGG, WAV, MP3, etc. for Xbox 360,PSP, iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, Zune, BlackBerry, Smartphones, PDAs, MP4Players, cell phones, Youtube, PowerPoint Presentation, PDF etc. Follow the steps and master how to use this MKV video converter.

[b]Step1. Download and install the program.[/b]
[IMG]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mkv_converter_mac/main_interface.jpg[/IMG]

[b]Step2. Add MKV files,[/b] [b]set output format and destination file.[/b]
Click[b] [b]“Add”[/b][/b]to input MKV video files, then you can select format according to your demands by clicking the drop-down list of [b]“Format”[/b]. For example,[b] [/b]toplay on PSP, iPod, iPhone, you can select MP4, to play on Zune, Xbox360, you can select WMV, to play on Quicktime, you can choose MOV, etc.Then click[b] “Browse”[/b] to load the output files. If you want to join multiple files together to be a single file, you can check [b]“Merge into one file”.[/b]
[img]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mkv_converter_mac/moyea_video_converter_mac_mkv_090831.jpg[/img]

[b]Step3: Set advanced setting.[/b]
When you want to adjust the parameter of your output file in order to get better quality or smaller size, you can click [b]“Settings” [/b][b]to do it, all these profile can be changed on your own will. [/b]
[img]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mkv_converter_mac/settings_mac.jpg[/img]

[b]Step4: Convert.[/b]
Now please click [b]“Convert”[/b],there will pop up an interface from where you could see the converting detail, if you want to know the time spent, time left, please focus onthe time elapse and time left function. If you want to know the something about size, please check generated size, estimated size.Another function, you are able to check shut down computer after conversion and have a rest.
[img]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mkv_converter_mac/convert.jpg[/img]

[b]Optional Choice:[/b]
[b]1. Trim and crop video.[/b]
This converter has a powerful function of editing. You can [b]“trim”[/b] the video in order to convert the important clips by setting the start time and end time. You may choose[b] “Crop” [/b]toselect the screen what region you want to focus on by dragging the dashed line. For your iPod, iPhone or PSP etc has limited space, you could select the above two functions to get the smaller size and themost important part to convert.
[img]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mkv_converter_mac/crop.jpg[/img]

[b]2. Effect and audio replace.[/b]
Then click [b]“Effect”[/b], you will have the choice of adjusting brightness, contrast and saturation to get better version. Choosing[b] “Audio replace”[/b]will let you add wanted audio to replace the original one. Or when you create a video and want to add background audio or music, this function will help you a lot. Only you need to do is to check [b]“Enable audio replace” [/b]and then add your audio from computer or website.
[img]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mkv_converter_mac/video_audioreplace_mac.jpg[/img]

You could also choose Moyea [url=***********.my-video-converter.com/video_converter_mac/]video converter for Macto convert MKV to any other formats. The same way, on your own will.Just hope you will not be annoyed by MKV formats any more.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:40 PM

Wanna to [b]convert M2TS to MKV [/b]?M2TS to MKV Converter provides you an way to convert m2ts files to mkv, avi, mpeg, mov, vob, divx, mp4, ect. Apart from converting m2ts to mkv, M2TS to MKV Converter allows you to put m2ts files on various video devices like iPod, iPhone, PSP, PS3, Apple TV, Zen player, 3G Mobile Phone, etc. Only high sound and image quality are provided by M2TS to MKV Converter.
[U] ***********.convertm2ts.biz/convert-m2ts-to-mkv.htm[/U]

Last edited by shirleyyang; Oct 22, 2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 01:08 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up How to convert and edit MTS,MOD videos from Canon,JVC,Panasonic,Sony Camcorder?

[img]***********.mts-video-converter.com/images/avchd-work-flow.jpg[/img]

* Includes: MTS Converter, M2TS Converter, TS Converter, TP Converter, MOD Converter, TOD Converter, etc.

* Fast convert AVCHD to AVI, AVCHD to WMV, AVCHD to MP4, AVCHD to 3GP, AVCHD to 3G2, AVCHD to MOV, AVCHD to FLV, AVCHD to MKV, AVCHD to SWF, AVCHD to MPG with excellent conversion quality.

* Convert AVCHD to iPod, iPhone, iPhone 3G, Apple TV, PSP, General 3GP mobile phone, BlackBerry, Zune, Creative Zen, iRiver, etc.

* Edit AVCHD video, trim, crop, merge, add special effects.

* Extract M4A/MP3/AAC/WAV audio file from AVCHD(MTS,M2TS,TS,TP),VOB,MPEG,MPG video file.

* Capture any picture from AVCHD(MTS,M2TS,TS,TP) video and save as JPEG, PNG or BMP format.

* Platform: Windows, Mac

More information: ***********.mts-video-converter.com

AVCHD Camcorders: Canon,Hitachi,JVC,Panasonic,Sony,Camcorder.

[img]***********.tanbee.com/convert/images/avchd-video-converter-for-mac.jpg[/img]

[img]***********.tanbee.com/convert/images/avchd-video-converter.jpg[/img]

For Windows users:
[IMG]***********.mts-video-converter.com/AVCHDVideoConverter.exe[/IMG]

For Mac OS Users:
[IMG]***********.mts-video-converter.com/mac-avchd-converter.zip[/IMG]
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:42 AM
Veteran

What's more, Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter supports batch conversion, merging files, extract audio from video, capture screenshots, pre-set video revolution, bitrate, framerate and so on.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:54 AM
Veteran

Convert video for your iPad on Mac

Moyea iPad Video Converter is a simple tool which can convert almost all populor video formats to iPad very sasily. It enables you to watch any video on your iPad anywhere and anytime. It can convert high definition video such as Blu-ray (.m2ts), AVCHD (.mts, .m2ts), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-2 HD, MPEG-4 TS HD, MPEG-2 TS HD, Quick [...]

Read: iPad Video Converter lets you Convert Videos to iPad Format

Related information:
********maximumitblips.dailyradar.com/story/batches-video-conversion-with-moyea-video-converter/