CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 09, 2009, 08:09 PM

Default How to Play and Edit Sony HDR MTS Videos on Mac (Including Snow Leopard)?

sponsored links

How to Play and Edit Sony HDR MTS Videos on Mac (Including Snow Leopard)?

Since more and more people with Sony HDR series meet the problem to play camcorder videos on Mac OS X (or Snow Leopard), here I just want to share the best solution with those users who need it.

First, most popular models I collected are showed as below:
[IMG]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mts_converter_mac/2009110201.jpg[/IMG]

As we know, [B]Sony HDR videos[/B] are mainly [B]AVCHD [/B]or [B]AVCHD/MPEG-2 [/B]videos, while the file extension may be different. For example, [B]MPEG[/B] is the output format of [B]SDR-SR 12[/B] while [B]MTS[/B] is the output file of [B]Sony SDR-SR 10, Sony HDR-SR 11, Sony HDR-XR 100, Sony HDR-SR 5[/B], etc. [B]But[/B] these original videos from Sony camcorders can not be played and edited on Mac. [B]Therefore[/B], you have to convert them to MOV or MP4 workable to applications like [B]iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere,[/B] etc. with a powerful MTS video converter, like this one-[B]Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac[/B](***********.my-video-converter.com/mts_converter_mac/) I am using now.

[B]Part 1. How to import Sony HDR MTS files into Mac ([/B][B]Snow Leopard[/B][B])[/B]
[IMG]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mts_converter_mac/2009110200.jpg[/IMG]

[B]First you should prepare a 4 pin or 6 pin cable, for most camcorders connect to Mac via a 4 pin cable end as well as a 6 pin end sometimes.[/B]
[B]Step 1[/B]. Set your camcorders to the right mode for importing photos and videos.
[B]Step 2[/B]. Local the 4 pin firewire port on your camcorders.
[B]Step 3[/B]. Take the other end of the firewire cable once the camcorders connected, and insert it into the firewire port on Mac. Only if both of cables are connected, you can turn on the power to your camcorder.
[B]Step 4[/B]. The Mac will launch iMovie automatically after a while. And then follow the on-screen instruction on it to begin transferring the videos from your camcorders to Mac.

[B]Part 2. How to convert Sony HDR MTS files on Mac[/B]
[B]Step 1. Free download and install Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac[/B](***********.my-video-converter.com/mts_converter_mac/).
[IMG]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mts_converter_mac/2009110202.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Step 2. Add the MTS files into this program by clicking the “Add” button[/B]
[B]Step 3. Set the optimized output format(MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MPEG-4, etc.) by clicking the “Format” drop-down list.[/B]
[B]Step 4. Selcet the destination folder by clicking the “Browse”[/B]
[B]Step 5. Start conversion.[/B]
[IMG]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/mts_converter_mac/2009110203.jpg[/IMG]

Well done, you can freely and easily play and edit MTS on Mac after the whole process.

[B]Tips[/B]: Due to [B]Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac[/B](***********.my-video-converter.com/mts_converter_mac/) professional, you can also convert the MTS to other popular video formats acceptable to [B]iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, PS3, Cell Phone[/B], etc. with ease. Moreover, those converted videos will never meet the audio/video issues for its [B]advanced audio and video synchnization[/B].
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:41 AM
Veteran

Default MOD to FLV for Mac-mac mod to youtube (*.flv) converter.

MOD to FLV Converter for Mac [img]***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/[/img]can convert JVC, Panasonic, Canon camcorder *.mod to flv, mov, mpg, dv, mpeg, mp4, mkv, avi on Mac OS X.
Mod to FLV Converter for Mac[img]***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/[/img] can convert the .mod files recorded by most popular digital camcorders such as Panasonic SV AV100, Canon MOD Camcorders, JVC and Panasonic to flv on Mac OS X then enjoy it on your computer, YouTube, Internet Web Pages.
Step by step to convert mod to flv for Mac[img]***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/[/img] users?
We can not play camcorder MOD files on Mac OS X with QuickTime or iTunes. We can not play MOD files on YouTube. FLV si flash-compatible video file exported by the Flash Video Exporter plug-in (included with Adobe Flash) or other program with FLV file support; consists of a short header, interleaved audio, video, and metadata packets; audio and video data is stored in a similar format used by standard Flash (.SWF) files. Thanks for MOD to FLV Converter[img]***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/[/img]. Now We can play them on my iMac and share them on YouTube.
***********.mod-converter-mac.com/images/mod-converter-for-mac.jpg

After load MOD files, We can preview any specify video clips. When previewing the MOD clips, we can create thumbnails with one click. The image can be saved as bmp, jpg, png format.

***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/load-mod-files.jpg

Crop the play area of movie to remove black areas. Adjust the playing area of the movies to fit for your player and your favor.

***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/crop-clips.jpg

Trim MOD video clips to select start and end time. Clip any segment of your camcorder movies by set the exact start and end time or just drag the slide bar.

***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/trim-mod-files.jpg

Select 'Flash Video YouTube (*.flv)' as output format. We can Merge several chapters of movies into one file. After finishing the settings, we start the conversion process of MOD to FLV files[img]***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/[/img]. This professional JVC, Panasonic, Canon Mod to FLV Converter for Mac[img]***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/[/img] fully compatible with Mac OS X, support Leopard and Tiger, which manage on computers with either Power PC or Intel processors.
Free Download Mac MOD to FLV Converter[img]***********.mod-converter-mac.com/mod-to-flv-converter-for-mac/[/img] now to have a free experience!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
[b]Moyea MOD Converter for Mac [/b]is a wonderful MOD to video converter especially designed for MOD camcorders (JVC, Panasonic, and Cannon). It perfectly compress and convert the MOD to any other video formats for playing back on portable devices (iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, Creative Zen, cell phones, etc.), burning to DVD with burning software (Nero), editing with other video editors (iMovie, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc.), and more. The output formats includes AVI, MPEG, 3GP, MP4, FLV, MOV, 3G2, VOB, MP3, FLAC, MKA, OGG, WAV, AC3, M4A etc.
thanks for sharing...
after a nice vacation, i collected lots of MOD files from my comcorder and planed to play them on my iPhone with my friends.
However, they were not played directly on iPhone in the format of MOD. Some persons recommended me try [b]Moyea MOD Converter for Mac[/b] for its high fast conversion speed and excellent output quality as well as its advanced audio/video synchnization to prevent any audio/video issues.

So i did. and [b]Moyea MOD Converter for Mac [/b]met all my needs, which is really valuable.

many many thanks!
Code:
my-video-converter.com/mod_converter_mac/
Old Nov 23, 2009, 03:43 AM
Veteran

As far as I M concerned that [b]Moyea DVD ripper[/b] is a powerful software for ripping dvds or dvd movies to other video formats like avi, mov, dvix, mkv, mp4, mp3, wmv, wtv and etc for the purpose of importing them to your iPod, iPhone, iriver, xbox, zune, apple tv, psp or even web-sharing websites like youtube.
Besides, this converter is compatible with Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7.

Code:
***********.my-video-converter.com/products/dvd_for_mac/
Old Nov 24, 2009, 02:33 AM
Veteran

As far as I am concerned, the best software for converting video files on mac os is [b]Moyea Video Converter for Mac[/b]. It is said that it supports any videos conversion on Mac and newly released Mac OS Snow Leopard. It runs very fast, which saves users much time to do other things while converting videos. Moreover, its output video satisfies me. Thus, I hope it also does a good job for you guys when you need it.
When choosing a video converter, I always pay more attention to its conversion speed.
Because I do not want to waste much time converting lots of my videos. To meet my requirements, I searched many video converters and last I just hold that [b]Moyea Video Converter[/b] is the one that runs very fast and steadily till it finishes the whole conversion.

Code:
***********.my-video-converter.com/video_converter_mac/
Old Dec 06, 2009, 09:41 PM

Default The best software to convert mts files on mac

[url=***********.mtsconverterformac.net][B]MTS Converter For Mac[/B] is currently the best software running on Mac to convert MTS videos to other video, such as AVI, M4V, MOV, MPG, MP4, MPEG2, AVC/.264, MKV, FLV, etc. with high out-put quality and fast converting speed.

Meanwhile, Mac MTS Converter allows you to put recorded video by camcorders on your iPod, iPhone, cell phone, MP3/MP4 multimedia player easily and fluently.

Besides, [url=***********.mtsconverterformac.net][B]MTS Converter For Mac[/B] has powerful editing function, such as "Trim" to get the wanted segment, "Crop" to delete the black sides and set "Effect" like brightness, saturation and contrast.