CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 7
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 07, 2010, 08:03 PM

Default How to Perfectly Edit 720P AVCHD Lite Files on Windows 7?

sponsored links

How to Perfectly Edit 720P AVCHD Lite Files on Windows 7?

[i]"I have a camera (Panasonic Lumix GF-1) that outputs "AVCHD Lite" files, 720p h264 in a MTS container. I heard Movie Maker in Windows 7 supports AVCHD...but I just tried, and it does not support AVCHD Lite. Are there any free or inexpensive non-linear video editors (NLE) that can natively handle AVCHD Lite filesÖ? If not, are there any 3rd party drivers that are especially stableÖ?" ---From Forum[/i]

In order to solve this question, we should learn three things: [b]1.[/b] What is AVCHD Lite? [b]2.[/b] Which editing software supports AVCHD Lite files and is not expensive? [b]3.[/b] Any third software can convert AVCHD Lite to Windows Movie Maker on Win 7 without losing quality? Now I could give the answer and best and inexpensive way to edit &quotAVCHD Lite" files, 720p h264 MTS on Win 7.

[img]********zyghrz.com/pic/edit-avchd-lite-file-on-win7.jpg[/img]

[b]1.What is AVCHD Lite?[/b]

AVCHD Lite identifies a subset of AVCHD format, in which HD-recording is limited to 720p. The name was used first in marketing literature for the Panasonic DMC-ZS3/DMC-FT1/DMC-TZ7 digital cameras. The 720p/30 video is recorded in the normal AVCHD 720p/60 format, but every other frame is duplicated, resulting in 30 actual frames per second. The Panansonic Lumix GF1 Micro Four Thirds camera shoots video in the AVCHD Lite format.

[b]2. Which editing software supports AVCHD Lite files and is not expensive? [/b]

Maybe you will ask: Is there any difference between AVCHD and AVCHD Lite? The editing software that supports AVCHD, does it also support AVCHD Lite? Donít worry, all you really need to know is that [b]any video editing application with support for AVCHD should also support AVCHD Lite [/b]without your needing to do anything differently.

[b](1)Cyberlink PowerDirector 8(www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html) ($99.95) is capable of editing AVCHD natively, without transcoding, intermediate codecs or proxy files. Using a patented technique (SVRT), AVCHD clips can be edited and output losslessly to AVCHD. PowerDirector can output the finished movie to a variety of video formats, DVD, AVCHD on DVD, or Blu-ray disc. [b] [/b]

[b](2)VideoStudio Pro X3(www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1175714228541#tabview=tab0)[/b] ($89.99) version supports HD formats including AVCHD and MPEG-2 HD. It would not open individual AVCHD files, but it could import clips from a folder. VideoStudio was a bit sluggish when dealing with AVCHD files. It took seconds to switch between the editing steps.

[b](3)Sony Vegas Studio 9 Platinum(www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope)[/b] ($84.95) supports HD video, including HDV capture and editing. It also supports AVCHD import and edit, but only from Sony camcorders.

[b]3. Any third software can convert AVCHD Lite to Movie Maker on Win 7 without losing quality?[/b]

The editing software claims it can support and edit AVCHD, but how does it work in practice, I canít give you a clear and precise answer, for some files can do, some may not. If you donít want to waste money to purchase the expensive editing software, and still want to use Windows Movie Maker on Windows 7 for editing AVCHD Lite (720p) MTS files, only you need is an inexpensive and powerful AVCHD Lite Converter.

From Google search, you may find lots of AVCHD and AVCHD Lite Converter in the market now, but which one works perfectly may be your biggest concern. Here I recommend you this good AVCHD Lite Converter called [b]Moyea MTS/M2TS Converter(www.my-video-converter.com/mts_converter/)[/b] which is designed to convert 1080p, 1080i, 720p AVCHD (*.mts, *.m2ts) file and 720p AVCHD Lite (*.mts) files to any other popular video format at high fast conversion speed and excellent output quality, and without audio/video out of sync.

After converting AVCHD Lite to Movie Maker workable format like WMV, you can easily import them to your Windows Movie Maker on Win 7 for editing. It could work very stably without any crashes. Hope you can enjoy.
Old Jan 08, 2011, 08:25 PM
Veteran

Thumbs up AVCHD Converter for Mac - Assist you in converting AVCHD(mts, m2ts) to AVI, WMV ...

Many AVCHD camcorder users may have the trouble with playing AVCHD videos on video players or portable devices. AVCHD Converter for Mac is designed to help you convert AVCHD videos to common video formats like AVI, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, SWF, MOV, 3GP and HD videos like HD AVI, HD MOV, HD MPEG, HD WMV. So you can enjoy your masterpieces shot by Panasonic, JVC, Sony, Canon, Hitachi AVCHD camcorder on iPad, iPod, PSP, Zune, iRiver and more multimedia players.

AVCHD Converter for Mac also features the editing functions: Merge, crop, clip videos; adjust video effects; and set video/audio parameters.

[B]More Info:[/B]
Code:
***********.applemacvideoconverter.com/avchd-converter-for-mac
[img]***********.applemacvideoconverter.com/imgs/avchd-cams.jpg[/img]

[b]Broad Support for Popular AVCHD Camcorders[/b]

Support many types of AVCHD camcorders: Sony AVCHD like Sony HXR-MC50E, HDR-XR550, HDR-CX7E; Canon AVCHD like Canon HF S21, Canon HF S11, Canon HG10; Panasonic AVCHD like Panasonic HDC-SD9GK; JVC AVCHD like GZ-HM1, GZ-HD620, GZ-HM400;

Support the Widest Range of AVCHD Video Formats:
Convert AVCHD videos (MTS, MOD, TOD, M2TS, TS, TP, TRP) and Common videos (WMV, AVI, VOB, MOV, MP4, MKV, MPEG, FLV, 3GP).

[img]***********.applemacvideoconverter.com/imgs/avchd-players.jpg[/img]

[b]Convert Video for Video Players or Mobile Devices[/b]

Output Mobile Devices Supported:
Apple (iPod/iPhone/Apple TV/iPad), Microsoft Zune, Sony PSP, Sony Walkman, Palm, Google Phone, BlackBerry Smartphone, Archos, iRiver, Creative Zen, Mobile Phones, Cell phones, Other MP4/MP3 Player...

Output Applications Supported:
Apple iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, QuickTime, Windows Meida Player, etc.

[b]Free Trial Download: [/b]
Code:
***********.applemacvideoconverter.com/avchdconverter.zip