CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:51 PM
Veteran

Default Mac Canon PowerShot G12 720p HD MOV videos to ProRes/AIC MOV Converter

sponsored links

Mac Canon PowerShot G12 720p HD MOV videos to ProRes/AIC MOV Converter
New to the Canon PowerShot G12 over its predecessor (Canon PowerShot G11) are 720p HD video with stereo sound, in-camera HDR, Hybrid Image Stabilization, Dynamic Range enhancement, Tracking AF, new special effects, a choice of aspect ratios, an electronic levelling guide, finger control dial, finer ISO increments, and support for an optional filter adapter.
But this 720p HD MOV video format came from Canon PowerShot G12 is a long GOP format that is highly compressed, it is not a good editing format. So you will not playback or edit smoothly the highly compressed MOV on your Mac with QuickTime Player, iMovie, FCE, Final Cut Pro. You need to convert the 720P HD MOV footage off your Canon PowerShot G12 with Aunsoft Mac Canon PowerShot G12 MOV Converter for Snow Leopard. It does not only convert Canon PowerShot G12 MOV to a playable/compatible Apple ProRes MOV, AIC MOV, Mac MOV, etc on Mac for FCP, FCE, iMovie, QuickTime Player, iDVD, etc, but also supports other Canon PowerShot G12 cameras.

Here is the step-by-step guide for you to import and convert Canon PowerShot G12 HD MOV files on iMac/MacBook Pro with Mac OS X like Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard.
Step1. Load Canon PowerShot G12 HD MOV videos to Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac.
After transferring .mov files from Canon PowerShot G12 camera, run Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac as the best Mac Canon PowerShot G12 MOV to ProRes/AIC MOV Converter, and click the “Add” button to load .mov videos.
Step2. Choose Apple ProRes (*.mov) or Apple InterMediate Codec (*.mov) etc for FCP/FCE.
Click the “Format” option, choose the Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov) or QuickTime Movie Format > Apple InterMediate Codec (*.mov) as output format. Import MOV format to FCP/FCE without rendering for editing.
You can also choose Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas > MOV (AVC)(*.mov) for converting the highly compressed Canon PowerShot G12 HD MOV to compatible Mac MOV for loading to FCP/FCE/iMovie etc. With this option, the output video will be kept as high definition 1280×720.

Step3. Merge Canon PowerShot G12 720p H.264 MOV files. (Optional)
Tick the checkbox for “Merge into one file”, and the Canon PowerShot G12 720p H.264 MOV converter will join and combine the video clips into a single file as output.
Step4. Convert Canon PowerShot G12 720p H.264 MOV for FCP/FCE/iMovie on Mac.
Click the convert button under the preview window, the Mac Canon PowerShot G12 MOV converter starts converting Canon PowerShot G12 MOV videos to ProRes/AIC MOV, and joining the files for playing/editing on Mac.
After converting and merging the Canon PowerShot G12 MOV files, just import the output files to Final Cut Studio/Pro, Final Cut Express (FCE) 4, iMovie 8/9 for editing still in HD, to Mac QuickTime Player for playing, to iDVD for burning with high quality.
If you are on a Windows computer with Windows XP/2003/Vista, Windows 7, Windows Home Server, and would like to put Canon PowerShot G12 videos to Windows Moive Maker,Adobe Premiere,Sony Vegas for editing, just use the Windows Canon PowerShot G12 video converter.

***********.aunsoft.com/video-converter-mac/
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:42 AM
Veteran

HD Writer can't work on Mac?Solution to Import TM700 AVCHD to iMovie/FCP for editing
Last week I got a new Macbook Pro to replace my old Dell XPS and this is my first time to use Apple computer, everything is new and it's very impressive and powerful, I must say I love it very much. However, there's a headachy problem with the new Macbook. Well, I have a Panasonic TM700 which can record 1080/60p AVCHD and I used to edit the video with HD Writer AE on my XPS. Although HD Writer is free software, I'm very satisfied with its editing ability; it's very easy to use. I tried to install HD Writer to my Macbook but I realized HD Writer is only for Windows, not for OS X.
I turned to my friend, as I know he also owns Macbook and Panasonic SD700. He told me that he was using Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac and iMovie to handle 1080/60p AVCHD video from SD700. I downloaded these two software from Mac APP Store immediately, they are both very easy to use. I use Aunsoft MTS Converter to transcode AVCHD .MTS files from TM700 to H.264 MOV files, then import the output files into iMovie for editing very smoothly. It's just like I'm using HD Writer on Mac!
Here's a fast guide can help you import 1080/60p AVCHD to iMovie on Mac.
Step 1. Load Panasonic 1080/60p MTS video files to Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac.
Drag and drop specified MTS footages from hard drive to this program or click "Add" button to import video files to be converted. Batch video files are allowed to be imported, so joining video files into one can be realized by ticking the checkbox of "Merge into one file".
Step 2. Choose H.264 MOV as the output video format for iMovie.
Click "Format" option and select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas->MOV (AVC) (*.mov) as the output format. By choosing this option, you can get higher quality video files.

Step 3. Start the conversion from Panasonic AVCHD to H.264 MOV for iMovie and FCP.
Click the big lovely button under the preview window and this conversion will be started immediately.
Tips:
For Windows users, Aunsoft MTS Converter is provided for you to convert Panasonic AVCHD video files to Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas and ect.

***********.aunsoft.com/mts-converter-mac/