CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD Tutorials and Guides
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 23, 2011, 11:46 PM
Veteran

Default Convert/Join/Merge Panasonic AVCHD 1080i MTS to ProRes for FCP Editing no Rendering o

sponsored links

Convert/Join/Merge Panasonic AVCHD 1080i MTS to ProRes for FCP Editing no Rendering on Mac
"I have converted and merged Panasonic AVCHD files to H.264 MOV and was able to bring the output files into FCP and place them on the time line. However it is kind of strange because it shows that it needs to be rendered but it plays the video and I am able to watch it in real time. Once I change the opacity or apply effects, it needs to be rendered. The best codec would be Apple Prores format. "
Above is what I got from my video producer friend who is looking for any alternative conversions to ProResthat will make it easier for him to edit files in Final Cut Pro. After google search, Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter is the recommended MTS to ProRes converter and joiner on Mac.

If you would like to enjoy immediate editing of AVCHD videos in Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, just follow the steps below to get merged .mov files with ProRes for FCP.
Step 1. Load HS250 videos to Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac.
Connect Panasonic HDC-HS250 to iMac via USB 2.0 cable, run Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac as the best AVCHD to Apple ProRes converter on Mac. Click the "Add" button to browse the 1080i .mts files from CAM_MEM > AVCHD > BDMV > STREAM folder.
Step 2. Choose Apple ProRes 422 codec.
Click the "Format" option, and move mouse cursor to the Final Cut Pro group. The Mac AVCHD to ProRes converter provides 5 options including Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes 422(HQ), Apple ProRes 422(LT), Apple ProRes 422(Proxy), and Apple ProRes 4444. Just choose one of the options as output format.

Since the source video is in 1920x1080 resolution, we shall click the "Settings" button to choose 1920*1080 as output video size.
Step 3. Merge/Convert Panasonic 1080i MTS to MOV with Apple ProRes 422 for FCP.
If you would like to merge several video clips into one, just tick the checkbox of "Merge into one file" and then click the convert button, and this program will start to convert and merge MTS to MOV with Apple ProRes immediately.
After the conversion is done, just import the videos to Final Cut Pro and there is no rendering when adding effects or layers for easy editing.
Tips:
1. For more solutions about Panasonic cameras and camcorders like HDC-TM700/SD700/HS700/SD600, TM350, etc., just go to Aunsoft Panasonic HDcam column.

***********.aunsoft.com/mts-converter-mac/
Old Apr 01, 2011, 05:50 AM
Veteran

Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac-Full-featured software for multimedia fans for Mac

As a multimedia fan, I was always thinking of a software for Mac like this, it can backup my DVD and Blu-ray collections, convert the video from my Canon EOS 60D to ProRes for editing with Final Cut Studio, enable me to watch favorite video from YouTube on my iPhone 4, make me never worry about issues of various video formats.

Now iMedia Converter from Aunsoft Studio makes my dream come true. It can perfectly achieve the above functions. It works as a Mac Blu-Ray ripper and a Mac video converter, for example, I directly rip my Blu-ray movie disc to H.264 MP4 with excellent quality and watch it on my iPhone 4 anytime anywhere.

Besides, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac help me merge H.264 .mov videos from EOS 60D into one and transcode to ProRes 422 for editing with FCP smoothly.

How to use?

Step 1: Add videos

You can directly drag and drop videos to the app or click "Add Video" button.

Step 2: Click "Merge into one file" to join all your imported videos

To join all your video files together for one big file all you need to do is one tick. Yes, just tick the checkbox "Merge into one file".

Step 3: Choose ProRes to output & convert

Next thing before you begin to join your files, please choose your preferred output format from "Format" drop-down list and specify your destination folder in "Export to" bar. Then click big "Convert" button to start joining/combing your videos to one output file. Few minutes later, you can get joined video file from destination folder.

***********.aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/
Old May 04, 2011, 04:48 AM
Veteran

MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD joiner-Merge Sony PJ10 AVCHD Videos into One for Burn to DVD/Blu-ray
How to Join Sony PJ10 AVCHD files and create/author DVD or Blu-ray

I recently got Sony HDR-PJ10, which is the 2011 new HD camcorder with projector. It is easy to project the recorded videos on the go wherever I like. There are five HD video recording modes for saving 1080 videos: PS at 28Mbps like Panasonic TM700, FX and FH for 1920x1080/60p and 1920x1080/60i, HQ and LP for 1440x1080/60i.

The bundled software Picture Motion Browse (PMB) is great to sort the clips by date. But there is no option to import or join all the clips as one movie. When I tried to use PMB to create and burn DVD disc, I got error message, not to say for burning to Blu-ray disc. I searched and got to know that there is chapter limit in PMB, e.g. 255 for burning to blu-ray, and 99 for burning to DVD.

So before burning the AVCHD files to DVD or Blu-ray disc, I need to merge the MTS files from PJ10 into one movie. I find Aunsoft Final Mate as the recommended MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD joiner for Sony HDR-PJ10. It can join the PJ10 AVCHD footage as lossless movie, keeping the original format as .mts. Aunsoft Final Mate also provide video conversion for DVD burning software that does not support AVCHD input.

I tried the lossless joining function on Aunsoft Final Mate without re-encoding, but the final movie could not be imported to PMB for burning. So I need third party DVD burning software. imgBurn and Windows DVD Maker are the free tools on Windows.

Below is the quick step-by-step guide for joining PJ10 AVCHD videos into one for burning to DVD, getting rid of PMB chapter burning limit.

Step 1. Import Sony PJ10 AVCHD footage to Aunsoft Final Mate.

You can import videos from camcorder or PC hard drive. For videos from camcorder, just connect the HDcam to PC via USB cable, and follow the camcorder wizard to import AVCHD footage. For videos from computer hard drive, just click the "Add Path" button and browse the folder.

Step 2. Merge MTS files into one.

Click the drop-down button of the "Create a New Movie" button, choose "For Conversion", select the AVCHD files on the above window, drag and drop to the new movie ID. The Sony PJ10 AVCHD joiner will merge the files quickly.

Step 3. Export the joined movie to WMV for Windows DVD Maker.

Click the "Export" button, go to the "Editor" button. Choose Windows Movie Maker > Windows Movie Maker WMV (VC-1) (*.wmv) and then click OK to start merging AVCHD files into one for burning to DVD.

Step 4. Burn Sony HDR-PJ10 video to DVD.

When the processing is finished, just put the file to Windows DVD Maker or imgBurn to create and author DVD disc video.

Hope you enjoy the solution, and fix picture motion browser problem chapter limit for burning to DVD/Blu-ray.

Tips:

1. If you would like to burn the joined movie to Blu-ray, just create a lossless movie output, drag and drop the clips for merging.

2. There is also saying about authoring AVCHD video to DVD disc, which would play with Blu-ray Disc players, but not standard DVD player. I have not tried it yet. I would like more ideas and try it when possible.

3. For more info about Sony HDR-PJ10 or other camcorders, just go to the Aunsoft Sony column page.

***********.aunsoft.com/final-mate/
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:11 AM
Veteran

Join various MTS files-Import and Convert different AVCHD MTS files to ProRes for FCP
Edit all MTS Videos on FCP-Merge/Convert HD Camcorder MTS files to FCP ProRes on Mac
Join/Convert Panasonic/Canon/Sony/JVC various MTS to ProRes for FCP without rendering

As the reason of recent activities, I have a lot of different .mts Videos for Editing. These .mts video most are from camera, camcorder, like Sony CX700, XR520,Sony Nex-5, Canon HF G10, HG20,HF100,Panasonic HDC-TM90,SD700,Lumix GH2.etc.Some .mts videos can be directly into FCP editing, some not. So in order to Edit all MTS Videos on FCP, I need a converter to Import and Convert various MTS. But separating each video conversion is a lot of trouble, so I will need to merge those mts videos into one and convert. Through Google search, I found Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac is the recommended MTS Joiner/Converter- can join and convert mts to FCP for editing on Mac. Then I download and try it. And I had successfully converted a total of 15.8G mts files to MOV and edit on FCP, I choose the Apple ProRes MOV as output format, so that I can import prores mov to fcp without rendering.

Following is the experience of using Final Mate for Mac to Merge and Convert Panasonic/Canon/Sony/JVC various AVCHD MTS files to ProRes 422 for editing on FCP.

Step 1 : Import various mts Files from Computer to Final Mate for Mac.
Click "Add" to browse computer and select a folder where video files are saved, then click “OK” to display all video files including various MTS files in Resource Tab.

Step 2. Create a Movie for Combining/Converting AVCHD MTS files.
Soon after the mts files are imported, you need to create a movie for conversion. There are two ways for you to create a Movie for converting imported various MTS files.

- The easiest one is dragging and dropping displayed various MTS files from Resource Tab to a single Movie.

- Another way is clicking the drop-down button of “Add Movie” icon and choose “For Conversion” to create a blank movie. And then drag and drop the video clips from Resource Tab to the blank movie in Movies Tab. In this way, all video clips will be merged as one single movie for conversion.

Step 3. Export ProRes video file for Final Cut Studio.
Click the Export and choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 HQ (*.mov) to output format for editing in Final Cut Pro. Apple ProRes 422 , Apple ProRes 4444,introduced in Final Cut Studio, was advertised to one of the codecs to result in less compression and higher data rate/higher quality files for HD editing in Final Cut Pro.

Tips: You are free to set/adjust output ProRes MOV files parameters (Bit rate - high quality, Frame rate - 30, Resolution/Size - 1920 x 1080, channel - 5.1 channel) to make a good output quality.

Step 4. Click OK to start Joining and Converting different AVCHD MTS to ProRes.
Click OK button, the software will automatic Join and Convert the various mts files into one big files.

When the conversion is finished, you can get big files for importing and editing on Final Cut Pro without rendering.

Tips: If you are using Final Cut Pro 5 or lower version, ProRes is not the best format for you. However, you can choose QuickTime Movie Format > Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) as output format for editing on Mac.

********prores-converter.com/2011/06/joinconvert-panasoniccanonsonyjvc-various-mts-to-prores-for-fcp-without-rendering/