CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD > DVD Tutorials and Guides
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:28 AM
Veteran

Default Best AVCHD to iMovie '11 Converter-1080i/1080p MTS/M2TS Footage to MOV

sponsored links

Best AVCHD to iMovie '11 Converter-1080i/1080p MTS/M2TS Footage to MOV
To solve the problem of Panasonic 60p AVCHD MTS/M2TS to iMovie 11, a third party AVCHD to iMovie 11 converter is a must. Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac is the recommended application for you to make AVCHD MTS/M2TS compatible with iMovie 11 and keep high quality for editing.

For users have Panasonic camcorders for 1080/60p or 1080/50p recording like HDC-TM700/HS700/SD700, TM650, TM750, SD707, SD600, TM900/HS900/SD900, SD800, SDT750, below is the quick guide to make iMovie support footage for HD editing.
Step 1. Import 60p or 50p footage to Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac.
Connect Panasonic camcorder to iMac/Macbook Pro with USB cable, run Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac as the best AVCHD to iMovie '11 converter on Mac. Click the "Add" button to import the 1080/60p or 1080/50p AVCHD .mts, .m2ts files.
Step 2. Choose HD MOV format.
Click the "Format" option, and navigate to HD Video > H.264 HD Video(*.mov) as output format. Then click the "Settings" button and choose 60fps or 50fps as output frame rate according to your source model, enter 28000 as output bit rate.

Note: Another high quality codec for iMovie is Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) in the QuickTime Movie Format group.
Step 3. Convert Panasonic 1080p 28Mbps AVCHD to MOV for iMovie '11.
Click the convert button under the preview window, and the AVCHD to iMovie converter will start converting 1080/60p 28Mbps files to MOV for high quality editing on iMovie '11.
Hope you enjoy the workflow to import 1080/60p 1080/50p files to iMovie '11. It also works for iMovie '9 and iMovie '8, if you do not have iMovie '11 yet.

***********.aunsoft.com/mts-converter-mac/
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:43 AM
Veteran

Solution to importing AVCHD to iMovie on Mac
HD Writer can't work on Mac, what can you do?
How to import TM700 AVCHD to iMovie for editing
Best software of TM700 for Mac users
Last week I got a new Macbook Pro to replace my old Dell XPS and this is my first time to use Apple computer, everything is new and it's very impressive and powerful, I must say I love it very much. However, there's a headachy problem with the new Macbook. Well, I have a Panasonic TM700 which can record 1080/60p AVCHD and I used to edit the video with HD Writer AE on my XPS. Although HD Writer is free software, I'm very satisfied with its editing ability; it's very easy to use. I tried to install HD Writer to my Macbook but I realized HD Writer is only for Windows, not for OS X.
I turned to my friend, as I know he also owns Macbook and Panasonic SD700. He told me that he was using Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac and iMovie to handle 1080/60p AVCHD video from SD700. I downloaded these two software from Mac APP Store immediately, they are both very easy to use. I use Aunsoft MTS Converter to transcode AVCHD .MTS files from TM700 to H.264 MOV files, then import the output files into iMovie for editing very smoothly. It's just like I'm using HD Writer on Mac!
Here's a fast guide can help you import 1080/60p AVCHD to iMovie on Mac.
Step 1. Load Panasonic 1080/60p MTS video files to Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac.
Drag and drop specified MTS footages from hard drive to this program or click "Add" button to import video files to be converted. Batch video files are allowed to be imported, so joining video files into one can be realized by ticking the checkbox of "Merge into one file".
Step 2. Choose H.264 MOV as the output video format for iMovie.
Click "Format" option and select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas->MOV (AVC) (*.mov) as the output format. By choosing this option, you can get higher quality video files.

Step 3. Start the conversion from Panasonic AVCHD to H.264 MOV for iMovie and FCP.
Click the big lovely button under the preview window and this conversion will be started immediately.
Tips:
For Windows users, Aunsoft MTS Converter is provided for you to convert Panasonic AVCHD video files to Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas and ect.

***********.aunsoft.com/mts-converter-mac/
Old May 12, 2011, 05:04 AM
Veteran

Burn AVCHD files to DVD-Mac Author AVCHD Footage to DVD for DVD Player from Panasonic SD900

Do you have many clips of outings recordings produced by Panasonic HDC-SD900 to be burned to DVD for showing your family or friends? Or do you have recorded your friend's birthday party or wedding and are waiting to burn them to DVD for their gift? You are lucky enough to encounter this article and get the most efficient way to burn SD900 AVCHD files to DVD for perfectly playing and sharing.

As well all know, the 1080/60p AVCHD video files with .mts extension recorded by Panasonic HDC-SD900 are not allowed to be burned to a black DVD directly. So you have to transcode 1080/60p AVCHD files to DVD burnable video formats. As for DVD burnable formats, AVI and MPEG-2 are both OK. But to keep its original HD quality, MOV format with H.264 video codec is the recommended converted video format.

Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac is the best choice due to its extreme conversion speed and optimal output file parameter setting option. And following I will show you how to Mac Convert Panasonic SD900 AVCHD to HD MOV for iDVD with the help of Mac Aunsoft Panasonic AVCHD converter.

Step 1. Directly download 1080p AVCHD files from Panasonic SD900 to Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.
Connect Panasonic SD900 to PC via USB cable. You will face the pop-up message asking you to use camcorder wizard or not. If you do not get the message, just click the Wizard button. Click Yes and follow the wizard to download/import 1080p files to the program.

Step 2. Create a Movie for Converting Panasonic SD900 MTS files to H.264 MOV
Clicking the drop-down button of “Add Movie” icon and choose “For Conversion” to create a blank movie. And then drag and drop the AVCHD MTS video clips from Camcorder Tab to the blank movie in Movies Tab. In this way, all video clips will be merged as one single movie for convert to Avid.

Step 3. Export HD MOV video file.
Click the Export button and choose “Export into Editor”. Follow HD Video > H.264 HD MOV (*.mov) to choose output format for this SD900 AVCHD files to MOV conversionfor iDVD. And you are free to set output MOV files parameters (Bit rate, Frame rate, Size, Resolution and channel).

Step 4. Start this conversion from SD900 AVCHD to HD MOV for iDVD
Click OK button and this Mac Burn 1080/60p AVCHD Footages to DVD will start this conversion immediately.

As long as this conversion is completed, import MOV files to iDVD for further burning onto a black DVD. And then play them via DVD player for showing and sharing.

Tips:
Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac is designed for AVCHD, TOD, MOD camcorders, so mxf, vro, mov/mpg/mp4 files from digital cameras are not supported as input temporarily. If you want to convert such videos files, please use Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac or iMedia Converter for Mac.

********canon-videoconverter.com/2011/05/burn-avchd-footage-to-dvd-mac-author-sd900-avchd-to-hd-mov-for-idvd/
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:38 AM
Veteran

Convert Sony TX100V 1080/60p MTS to AIC MOV for iMovie 11 and keep the raw quailty

The Sony DSC-TX100V is on the iMovie '11 compatibility list, But it's a AVCHD 1080/60p camera -- iMovie '11 supports only 30fps! The Sony DSC-TX100V another option for 1920 x 1080/60i which equates to 60 interlaced fields per second, but the video quality of 60i recording mode is not better than 60p mode, so personally i prefer to choose 1080/60p for recording mts footage.So if I want to edit Sony DSC-TX100V 1080/60p .mts video with 60fps high quality for iMovie 11 on Mac, must to convert Sony DSC-TX100V 1080/60p .mts files to iMovie 11 before editing.

After google search , I need convert my Sony DSC-TX100V 1080/60p .mts to Apple Intermediate Codec MOV for iMovie 11 with keep the raw quailty, I found Final Mate for Mac is the recommended can convert Sony DSC-TX100V 1080/60p MTS to 1080/60p AIC MOV for editing on Mac. Then I download and try it. And I had succeed with the Apple Intermediate Codec at 1920x1080 60fps editing for iMovie 11 and i'm very satisfactied with the output quality after uploading the videos on Youtube.

Here is the step-by-step guide to quickly convert Sony DSC-TX100V 1080/60p MTS to AIC 1080/60p (*.mov) for editing in iMovie 11 on Mac.

Step 1. Directly download 60fps .mts files from Sony DSC-TX100V to Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.
Connect Sony DSC-TX100V to PC via USB cable. You will face the pop-up message asking you to use camcorder wizard or not. If you do not get the message, just click the Wizard button. Click Yes and follow the wizard to download/import 1080p files to the program.

Step 2. Create a Movie for Converting Sony DSC-TX100V 1080/60p MTS files to AIC 1080/60p MOV.

Method 1): Just select one or multiple video files you would like to convert and then drag and drop them to Movie tab. In this way, a Movie for conversion will be created.

Method 2): Click downlist of Add button and select for conversion. A blank movie is created. Then drag and drop your Sony DSC-TX100V 60fps .mts files to such a movie for merging together and making a conversion.

Step 3. Export AIC MOV video file.
Click the Export button and choose “Export into Editor”. Follow iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov) to choose export format for further editing in iMovie. In this way, all video clips will be merged as one single movie for convert to iMovie.

Tips: You are free to set/adjust output MOV files parameters (Bit rate - high quailty, Frame rate - 60, Resolution/Size - 1920 x 1080, channel - 5.1 channel) to make a good output quality.

After the conversion, the AVCHD videos could be imported and recognized by Mac iMovie 11 with 60fps highest quailty. And after editing you can upload the best quailty .mts files to Youtube for share.

Tips: The Final Mate For Mac support camcorder includes but not limited to Panasonic HDC-TM900,TM90,SD90,HDC-TM700/HS700/SD700, SD60/HS60, DMC-GH2,GH1,GF2,ZS7/TZ10; Sony HDR-CX700, CX550, XR550, XR520, CX350, CX305, CX150,CX360, Alpha NEX-5,DSC-HX5V; Canon Vixia HF200, HF S100,HG10,HG20,HF R10,HF R11,HF R100.etc If you want to know more about Camocorder , plaease visit the Camcorder column for more information.

***********.aunsoft.com/final-mate-mac/
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:21 AM
Veteran

Upload WebM Videos to YouTube-Cut/Merge and Convert Panasonic TM90 AVCHD MTS to WebM format for Youtube

I have a Panasonic Camcorder, HDC-TM90, which produces .mts files with 1920*1080p. I record some more mts videos by tm90 and want to upload to youtube for sharing with my friends. But YouTube does no support AVCHD files yet. One of the fast solutions is to convert 1080p AVCHD videos to Youtube support format, then upload the video to YouTube. Now when you upload video to Youtube, Youtube will be cutomatically converted the video to webm format. So for solve this problem, I recommend use Aunsoft Final Mate as the Upload WebM Videos to YouTube.

WebM is an audio-video format designed to provide a royalty-free, open video compression format for use with HTML5 video. The project's development is sponsored by Google. A WebM file consists of VP8 video and Vorbis audio streams, in a container based on a profile of Matroska.

Below is the fast guide for you to convert AVCHD files from Panasonic HDC-TM90 camcorder to .webm videos for uploading to Youtube on Windows 7.( It also works .mts files on Windows XP, Windows Vista.)

Step 1. Capture .mts files from Panasonic HDC-TM90 to Aunsoft Final Mate.
Connect your Panasonic HDC-TM90 MTS camcorder to pc computer with USB cable. Then launch Final Mate as the Best MTS to WebM Converter With smart camcorder wizard included in Final Mate, you can easily capture MTS files from camcorder to hard drive or to the program for basic editing.
Tip: by clicking on Browser button "Add" from Resource Tab on the main interface of Final Mate to browser for MTS file folder, you can also add MTS files from computer to the program.

Step 2: Create a Movie for Cut and Merge Panasonic HDC-TM90 MTS files for Youtube WebM.
Click the Add movie button, and choose the" For Conversion", a movie about cut mts for conversion output will be created by default. You can also create multiple movie for split .mts files.The Final Mate can output multiple for cutting mts files with WebM.

Step 3: Add .mts files for split/delete redundant clips for youtube.
Select the MTS files you would like to cut mts from the Camcorder/Resource tab, drag and drop to the movie.

Step 4: Splitting meaningless .mts Clips on Timeline for upload on Youtube.
From the timeline, you may notice the vernier, which is used as time pointer. Click on the Vernier, and move to the timeline you want to cut, and click the "Split" button to cut the video. You may also click the Split button when the video plays to the point you want to cut.
Then click on segment you want to cut off from the timeline, and then click the" Delete" button next to the Split button to remove the unwanted .mts clips.

Step 5. Convert MTS to WebM format for Youtube.
Click the Export button, and go to the last tab. Choose Common Video > WebM Video Format(*.webm) as output format. Then click the OK button, and the Youtube WebM video converter will convert Panasonic HDC-TM90 MTS files to WebM files for Youtube on Windows .

When the conversion is done, you can upload the video to Youtube with WebM codec.

Tips: If you are running Mac OS X like Leopard or Snow Leopard, just try Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac as AVCHD video management tool on Mac.

********panasonic-avchd-converter.com/2011/06/upload-webm-videos-to-youtube-convert-tm90-avchd-mts-to-webm-format-for-youtube/
Old Jun 24, 2011, 03:13 AM
Veteran

Leica V-Lux 30 AVCHD to AIC for iMovie/FCE Native Editing on Mac
1080i MTS/M2TS Footage to iMovie Conversion with Apple InterMediate Codec
Leica 1080i HD videos to iMovie or FCE in Best Quality

Nowadays, a simple device with multiple functions will make the digital life easier, and many people enjoy the convenience. Leica V-Lux 30 is one of the compact point-and-shot V-Lux series for taking photos and videos during the travel. With this great travel companion, you can use the GPS tagging function to mark location of your images and videos.

If you face problem importing the 1080i video to iMovie or FCE, you may try to convert AVCHD to AIC (Apple InterMediate Codec) for native editing on Mac. Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac is the best choice for you to get HD videos with less compression, keeping best quality. It is as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. Import Leica 1080i videos to Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.
Run Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac, and connect Leica V-Lux 30 to iMac via USB cable. When the camera is connected, you will face a pop-up window as camera wizard from Final Mate for Mac. Just follow the instruction to download videos to Final Mate for Mac. If you have ready download the videos from camera to computer hard drive, Final Mate for Mac would also recognize the .mts, .m2ts files, if you go to the Resource tab and add the file path which contains the mts/m2ts files.

2. Select AVCHD footage for converting to AIC.
Click on the files you would like to convert to AIC, drag and drop to the Movies tab. You can create a single movie for each file, or join multiple files into one to get separated files or one joined file from the MTS/M2TS footage to AIC conversion by Final Mate for Mac.

3. Export AIC for iMovie and Final Cut Express.
Click the Export button on the tog-right corner of the timeline section, and go to the 3rd button. Choose iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermedidate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) as output format. Choose 1920x1080 as output video resolution, then click OK to start conversion.

Wait for the conversion and then import the Leica HD videos to iMovie or FCE without rendering.

Tips:
1. You can also tick the checkbox for Deinterlace to make the interlaced 1080i video to progressive mode without obvious lines.

2. It is said that Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac and the related Aunsoft products work on the pre-release version of Mac OS X Lion v10.7. So it should also work even if you update your Mac to Lion.

********prores-converter.com/2011/06/leica-v-lux-30-avchd-to-aic-for-imoviefce-native-editing-on-mac/