CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 08, 2011, 09:27 PM
Veteran

Default Edit AVCHD in iMovie on Apple PowerPC-MTS/M2TS to MOV with AIC or H.264

sponsored links

Edit AVCHD in iMovie on Apple PowerPC-MTS/M2TS to MOV with AIC or H.264
I used Panasonic HDC-TM700 to record the funny moments of my little child, and the videos play pretty good when I preview them on the camcorder LCD screen. I would like to transfer the videos to my PowerPC G5, make a quick editing for cutting off some useless parts, and then send to my relatives via email or upload to YouTube.
I was surprised to find that iMovie does not read the video files from TM700 camcorder, as it is said to be Mac compatible. After googling, I find that it is because of the PowerPC processor on my Apple computer. Intel CPU is required for iMovie to read AVCHD files. I also get the workaround to edit AVCHD in iMovie on Apple PowerPC, i.e. Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac. There are both Intel and PowerPC .dmg files for installation, and the output would keep 1920x1080 in high quality.

Here I would like to demonstrate the quick and fast workflow to Edit AVCHD in iMovie on Apple PowerPC.
Step 1. Import Panasonic AVCHD files to Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac.
Connect Panasonic AVCHD camcorder to PowerPC G5, and run Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac as the best AVCHD to PowerPC converter on Mac. Click the "Add" button to import the AVCHD .mts or .m2ts files from directory like AVCHD > BDMV > STREAM.
Step 2. Choose HD output format with 1920x1080.
Click the "Format" option and choose QuickTime Movie Format > Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC)(*.mov) as output format. Click the "Settings" button and choose 1920*1080 as output video size. You may also choose HD Video > H.264 HD Video (*.mov) as output format.

The Mac Panasonic AVCHD to PPC converter will transcode AVHCD MTS/M2TS files to iMovie AIC for PowerPC G5.
Step 3. Deinterlace 1080i video. (optional)
For the 1080i videos recorded in HA/HX/HG/HE mode, rather than 1080/60p or 1080/50p, you can select the video file, click the "Editor" button, and go to the Effect tab to tick the checkbox for deinterlacing.
Step 4. Convert Panasonic AVCHD videos to AIC MOV for iMovie on PowerPC.
Click the convert button under the preview window, and the Mac MTS/M2TS to PowerPC G5 converter will start converting Panasonic TM700 MTS/M2TS to AIC MOV on PowerPC G5 for Non-linear editing on iMovie 8.
When the conversion is done, import the HD mov files to iMovie for smooth editing on PPC.
Tips:
If you would like to edit Canon 7D .mov files, or .mpg, .mp4 files from digital camera, .mkv videos, Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac is the recommended solution for you on PowerPC and Intel computer.
Old May 01, 2011, 12:04 AM
Veteran

Rip/Convert BD/DVD to Motorola Atrix 4G with Blu-ray/DVD Ripper for Atrix 4G Ultimate
Motorola claims that the Motorola Atrix 4G is the world's most powerful smartphone. The phone packs a dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2 processor running at GHz. A full Gigabyte of RAM backs up the system. The display is a large 4-inch touchscreen, running at qHD resolution. That's a quarter Full HD (1920 by 1080), for a resolution of 960 by 540 pixels. That comes up 120 line short of the resolution on Apple's iPhone 4, which has a 960 by 640 pixel display. Motorola Atrix 4G can be used as a great media player, which support AAC, H.264, MP3, MPEG-4, WMA9, eAAC+, AMR NB, AAC+ in a better way.
However, a lot of people want to know is it possible to put Blu-ray/DVD on Motorola Atrix 4G & watch their own Blu-ray movies on Motorola Atrix 4G since there is no build in Blu-ray ROM? Sure, it possible and easy. Here, I will show you how to convert 1080p, 1080i Blu-ray movies to iPad and put Blu-ray/DVD on Motorola Atrix 4G with only 3 steps.
Step1: Download Aunsoft Blu-ray/DVD Ripper Ultimate. (For Mac: BD iMedia Converter for Mac)
Go to download Aunsoft Blu-ray/DVD to Motorola Atrix 4G converter. Install it and then run it.
Step2: Convert Blu-ray/DVD to Motorola Atrix 4G in a second.
Just inserting your favorite Blu-ray movies on the Blu-ray/DVD ROM and click "BD/DVD Folder" tab and import the Blu-ray movie to Blu-ray/DVD to Motorola Atrix 4G converter (The protected Blu-ray/DVD disc could be decrypted when you load the Blu-ray to the program). You can select subtitle/audio track you desired for conversion, and the subtitle will be hard-burned to the output video for Motorola Atrix 4G.
Then, click the "Format" option, and choose Android > Motorola Droid (X) H.264 Video(*.mp4) as output format. Even though it is the profile for Droid X, it also works for Motorola Atrix 4G. Or you can select HD Video > H.264 HD Video (*.mp4) for Motorola Atrix 4G and keep 1080p resolution.

Tip: You can click Settings to adjust video/audio codec, video size, video/audio bitrate, audio channels, etc for better quality. You can custom the profile if you wish to.
Step3: Put Blu-ray/DVD movie to Motorola Atrix 4G.
Connect your Motorola Atrix 4G to Mac and sync the converted Blu-ray/DVD video to your Motorola Atrix 4G. Now, you can watch your favorite Blu-ray/DVD movie on your Motorola Atrix 4G.
That it, with only 3 steps you can convert any Blu-ray/DVD movie to Motorola Atrix 4G supported video formats and transfer it to your Motorola Atrix 4G. It's easy enough for everyone. Enjoy watching Blu-ray/DVD movies with your Motorola Atrix 4G anytime and anywhere.

***********.aunsoft.com/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/