CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 06, 2011, 01:21 AM
Veteran

Default Convert H.264 to ProRes for Editing on FCP-ZS7 AVCHD Lite to H.264 Quicktime

sponsored links

Convert H.264 to ProRes for Editing on FCP-ZS7 AVCHD Lite to H.264 Quicktime
I am interested in ballroom dance recently and I have already taken several ballroom dance lessons, but I still could not dance well results from my bad memory. So I purchased Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 to take video clips of dance instructions so that I can review them at home. Although DMC-ZS7 is a camera, it can take 1280*720/60p AVCHD Lite videos and itís very suitable for me because I can avoid taking a large and heavy camcorder to danceroom. Thereís another interesting point of DMC-ZS7, it carries GPS so I am able to know exactly where I take the photo or video.
I was planning to watch the ballroom dance videos on my 27-inch iMac, but things werenít going smoothly. The AVCHD Lite from DMC-ZS7 is *.MTS format which is not in the supporting list of QuickTime. I checked my videos on iMac, they are all .MOV format, so I searched the Google to seek a tool that can transcode AVCHD Lite to QuickTime MOV. I noticed some guy asked a same question and many people tell him to try a Panasonic Lumix AVCHD Lite video converter called Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac. I tried it immediately and succeeded in converting ZS7 AVCHD Lite to H.264 MOV and I could watched it on iMac.
If you encounter the same problem of playing ZS7 AVCHD Lite videos on Mac, just follow the steps below.
Step 1. Import DMC-ZS7 720p AVCHD Lite footages to Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac.
Connect Lumix DMC-ZS7 to Mac computer, run Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac as the best AVCHD Lite to QuickTime converter on Mac. Click the "Add" button to import the .mts files from the DMC-ZS7.
Step 2. Choose HD MOV format to out put
Click the "Format" option, and navigate to HD Video > H.264 HD Video(*.mov) as output format.

Step 3. Convert 720p MTS files to MOV for QuickTime.
Click the convert button under the preview window, and the DMC-ZS7 AVCHD Lite converter will start converting files from Lumix DMC-ZS7 to H.264 HD video, keeping high bit rate and HD resolution.
After the conversion, you can play the output videos via QuickTime on Mac

***********.aunsoft.com/video-converter-mac/