CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Audio CDs & MP3
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 19, 2011, 10:44 PM
Veteran

Default Convert Canon 24Mpbs MTS to AIC MOV for iMovie editing and Burn to DVD via iDVD

sponsored links

Convert Canon 24Mpbs MTS to AIC MOV for iMovie editing and Burn to DVD via iDVD
Convert/Edit Canon Vixia HF G10 .mts to AIC MOV in iMovie and Author/Burn to DVD with iDVD

I use Canon Vixia HF G10 recording 1920 x 1080 24Mpbs MTS files. I used iMovie to do the original edit on my new Macbook Pro. And I want to burn those files to DVD and play with my Panasonic DVD Player. But as we konw , the MTS it is not a good editing format. So the Canon 1080 24Mbps MTS is still incompatible with Mac iMovie NOW!So if I want to edit Canon Vixia HF G10 24Mpbs .mts video with high quality on Mac, must to convert Canon Vixia HF G10 24Mpbs .mts files to iMovie before editing.

And I use iDVD to create DVD Disc, with keep the output High quality, I need convert my Canon Vixia HF G10 .mts to Apple Intermediate Codec MOV for iMovie, after google search, I found Final Mate for Mac is the recommended can convert Canon Vixia HF G10 MTS to AIC for editing on Mac. Then I download and try it. And I had succeed with the Apple Intermediate Codec at 1920x1080 editing for my iMovie and i'm very satisfactied with the output quality after getting the burnt DVD disc when it played on my Panasonic DVD player.

Here is the step-by-step guide to quickly convert Canon Vixia HF G10 24Mbps MTS to Apple Intermediate Codec (*.mov) for editing in iMovie on Mac and Burn to DVD via iDVD.

Step 1. Directly download 24Mbps .mts files from Canon Vixia HF G10 to Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac.
Connect Canon Vixia HF G10 to PC via USB cable. You will face the pop-up message asking you to use camcorder wizard or not. If you do not get the message, just click the Wizard button. Click Yes and follow the wizard to download/import 1080p files to the program.

Step 2. Create a Movie for Converting Canon Vixia HF G10 MTS files to AIC MOV.
Method 1): Just select one or multiple video files you would like to convert and then drag and drop them to Movie tab. In this way, a Movie for conversion will be created.

Method 2): Click downlist of Add button and select for conversion. A blank movie is created. Then drag and drop your Canon Vixia HF G10 24Mpbs .mts files to such a movie for merging together and making a conversion.

Step 3. Export AIC MOV video file.
Click the Export button and choose “Export into Editor”. Follow iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) (*.mov) to choose export format for further editing in iMovie. In this way, all video clips will be merged as one single movie for convert to iMovie.

Tips: You are free to set/adjust output MOV files parameters (Bit rate - high quailty, Frame rate - 24, Resolution/Size - 1920 x 1080, channel - 5.1 channel) to make a good output quality.

Step 4. Author/Burn DVD with iDVD.
When the conversion is finished, run iDVD to create a project and load the AIC MOV videos to iDVD. Edit the DVD menu and insert a blank DVD-R to SuperDrive. Then click the "Burn" button on the bottom of the window to start burning DVD video. If you want to the detailed steps for create DVD with iDVD, you can read How to Burn Converted MOV from Aunsoft Program to DVD with iDVD ?.

When the processing is finished, the DVD disc could be viewed on standalone DVD player. Hope you enjoy burning AVCHD files to DVD on Mac with Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac and iDVD.

***********.aunsoft.com/final-mate-mac/
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:39 PM
Veteran

Join various MTS files-Merge/Convert Panasonic/Canon/Sony/JVC various MTS to ProRes for FCP without rendering

As the reason of recent activities, I have a lot of different .mts Videos for Editing. These .mts video most are from camera, camcorder, like Sony CX700, XR520,Sony Nex-5, Canon HF G10, HG20,HF100,Panasonic HDC-TM90,SD700,Lumix GH2.etc.Some .mts videos can be directly into FCP editing, some not. So in order to Edit all MTS Videos on FCP, I need a converter to Import and Convert various MTS. But separating each video conversion is a lot of trouble, so I will need to merge those mts videos into one and convert. Through Google search, I found Aunsoft Final Mate for Mac is the recommended MTS Joiner/Converter- can join and convert mts to FCP for editing on Mac. Then I download and try it. And I had successfully converted a total of 15.8G mts files to MOV and edit on FCP, I choose the Apple ProRes MOV as output format, so that I can import prores mov to fcp without rendering.

Following is the experience of using Final Mate for Mac to Merge and Convert Panasonic/Canon/Sony/JVC various AVCHD MTS files to ProRes 422 for editing on FCP.

Step 1 : Import various mts Files from Computer to Final Mate for Mac.
Click "Add" to browse computer and select a folder where video files are saved, then click “OK” to display all video files including various MTS files in Resource Tab.

Step 2. Create a Movie for Combining/Converting AVCHD MTS files.
Soon after the mts files are imported, you need to create a movie for conversion. There are two ways for you to create a Movie for converting imported various MTS files.

- The easiest one is dragging and dropping displayed various MTS files from Resource Tab to a single Movie.

- Another way is clicking the drop-down button of “Add Movie” icon and choose “For Conversion” to create a blank movie. And then drag and drop the video clips from Resource Tab to the blank movie in Movies Tab. In this way, all video clips will be merged as one single movie for conversion.

Step 3. Export ProRes video file for Final Cut Studio.
Click the Export and choose Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 HQ (*.mov) to output format for editing in Final Cut Pro. Apple ProRes 422 , Apple ProRes 4444,introduced in Final Cut Studio, was advertised to one of the codecs to result in less compression and higher data rate/higher quality files for HD editing in Final Cut Pro.

Tips: You are free to set/adjust output ProRes MOV files parameters (Bit rate - high quality, Frame rate - 30, Resolution/Size - 1920 x 1080, channel - 5.1 channel) to make a good output quality.

Step 4. Click OK to start Joining and Converting different AVCHD MTS to ProRes.
Click OK button, the software will automatic Join and Convert the various mts files into one big files.

When the conversion is finished, you can get big files for importing and editing on Final Cut Pro without rendering.

Tips: If you are using Final Cut Pro 5 or lower version, ProRes is not the best format for you. However, you can choose QuickTime Movie Format > Apple InterMediate Codec(AIC) as output format for editing on Mac.

Tags
avchd splitter, avchd trim software, join avchd clips, join mts clips together, mac avchd cutter