CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 25, 2011, 01:58 AM
Veteran

Default Import Nikon D7000 MOV footage to FCP X-Convert MOV to ProRes 422 HQ

sponsored links

Transcode Nikon D7000 MOV to Apple ProRes for FCP X Editing

I have a Nikon D7000, which shoots HD MOV Movies. Last week I shot many videos with it on my friend's birthday party and wanted to edit them before sharing them to vimeo. I copied the movies from Nikon D7000 to Mac and imported them to FCP X for editing, but I failed because the MOV movies of Nikon D7000 were not compatible with FCP X. I goggled on the Internet and found Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac, which supports Nikon D7000 MOV. I tried it and successfully convert Nikon D7000 MOV recordings to Apple ProRes, which is supported by FCP X.

Here’s a quick guide on how to Convert Nikon D7000 MOV files to Apple ProRes 422 for editing on FCP X.

1. Load Nikon D7000 MOV videos to Aunsoft VideoConverter for Mac
Before this step, please Connect Nikon D7000 to Mac and Transfer Nikon MOV Video files to Mac or hard disk from outside, then launch Video Converter for Mac.

Click the "Add" button to import the video files into the program, then you will see an interface as below.

2. Choose Apple ProRes as its output format and set where to store the movie.
Click the "format" option, choose "Apple ProRes 422(HQ) (*mov)" under "Final Cut Pro" as its output format. Click "Browse" to choose where you want to store the converted ProRes movies.

3. Export Apple ProRes 422(HQ) movies for editing on FCP X
After setting the output format and destination, click the button "Convert" and conversion starts immediately. After only a few minutes,
you can Editing Apple ProRes 422(HQ) on FCP X.

Tips:
If you want to backup HD videos to hard drive or watch them on iPhone and ipad with smaller size but original quality, iMedia Converter for Mac will help you.

***********.aunsoft.com/video-converter-mac/

Tags
edit prores on fcpx, fcp x and mov, import mov to fcpx, mov footage oto fcpx, mov to prores