CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 19, 2002, 02:20 AM

sponsored links

yes, just type in dreamcast in the filter field and it will show some dreamcast groups. the one you want has .binaries in it's name. i'm not allowed to give the full name on this board.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 02:29 AM
Veteran

yep, i saw that. and i double click the name. then it appear in the left colume. when i click update group, it brough me to the Batch file thing and i am downloading something.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 02:39 AM

yep, it's downloading the headers for the newsgroup. you should update everytime you use grabbit since there's new messages/files and etc added to the group all the time.

once it's done updating, you'll see a bunch of messages and stuff. the messages with a yellow dot indicated a file. a blue dot indicates text (discussions and stuff)

some games will be incomplete cos the user hasn't uploaded all the files yet or the game is old and being deleted off the server to make way for the new games. there's new games almost every day. if you see a game that is only half completed, downloaded it anways since the rest of it will be added later.

anyways, if you find something you want, just highlight the files and click the "grab it" button.

the files will all be like 28 MB each, but once downloaded, they will be 19MB.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 02:42 AM

also, in the batch tab, you'll see 1, 2, 3, 4 with a check next to them. uncheck them all except for 1. that will make the program download 1 file at a time and it works best that way...well at least for me.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 02:43 AM
Veteran

i got it, thanks. but the files are not the same size, is that going to matter?
Old Feb 19, 2002, 02:57 AM

what do you mean the files aren't the same?

you should click on "status" to make the yellow balls line up to seperate them from the blue balls. it will make things much easier.

i have it loaded up myself and i see shenmue 2 disc 2 up there completed. e-shen2b.001 to e-shen2b.026

some games haven't been finnished uploading yet, but they will be up soon enough. and new stuff gets added all the time. everytime you go on grabbit, do a full update on the group to see what new has been added.

go to isonews.com and read the nfo files for the games to see how many files there are.

files that are .P01 are par files. they are there so that if you don't get every file for the game you're downloading (like if you missed a file before it got deleted off the group), you get those and they will replace the file. but if you see all the files that are required for the game, you don't have to download par files.

it's confusing at first, but you'll quickly get the hang of it.