CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 28, 2003, 11:05 PM

Thumbs up Cheat codes w/ Backups

sponsored links

HI All, I thought I would post a tutorial for all of those who would like to use cheat codes with their PS2 backups. I hope you find it useful.

My setup:
Early US NTSC PS2 (ver 1?) - No mods
Swap card (plastic knife-trick thingy)

What you will need to do this:

One of the following -

Gameshark (I have tried 3.0 and 1.9)
or Action Replay (I have tried 2.0 and 2.3)

very important - CDLoader utility burned on a CD-R
CDLoader can be obtained from many forums / website

Procedure:
1. Insert GS/AR into your PS2 and boot it up
2. Screen comes up to view/pick codes
3. You need to pick existing codes or enter a new one to force GS/AR to display a message "updating codes ..." - this is important
4. At any time (but before you start a game) while in GS/AR, use the knife / swap card trick to exchange the GS/AR disc with the CDLoader disc
The GS/AR disc stops spinning so the swap should go smoothly.

The reason the CDLoader trick works is that GS/AR are both CD-based and as such the PS2 can be fooled into booting the CDLoader CD
5. When you have selected the game and codes, go to "start game with codes" and press X
6. The GS/AR screen should say "updating codes..." and 10 seconds later, you should see the CDLoader greeting screen
7. Press Triangle to eject the CD and insert an original DVD or CD with a large TOC and press triangle again
8. CDLOader should recognize the original DVD/CD and now press X
9. CDLoader should say "exchange disc using EA method". Use the swap card / knife trick to replace the original with your backup
10. Press X again after the swap trick.
11. Your backup and the codes should boot up and work !!!

I have played the following and more using this method: Splinter Cell, Silent Hill 3, GT3, Ace Combat 4, Need for Speed 2.....

I hope you find this useful and kudos to the CDloader team (without them none of this would work).
Old Jun 01, 2004, 03:38 PM

I have version 4.1. Will this work as well?
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:12 AM

Default это я олег мих

Ярошенко !!! официально подтверждаю что я Миронов Олег Михайлович (г.р.1959 г.Москва) просто хуеплет, человек-гoвнo и голимый болобол !!Мысли зима 2009 Бенедикт МОЛОДЕЦ ДРЕМЛЮГА, а Миронов 1959 - фуфлыжник! Самсон,Нацрыбресурс Нью Йорк ВТБ Г.А. политика Кох Бренд Нацрыбресурс Зенит личное рассказы анекдот Абрамович , флот , капитан Очевидность , терракт ,Альфа-Банк Березовский наблюдения )) Г.А. мы с 15.07.2003г. – 04.06.2005г. – советник генерального директора ООО «ЖАСО-Полис». море -
А также я Миронов О.М. 21.08.1959 мразь и чмошник !!!