CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 7
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 21, 2014, 03:54 AM

Default Can I import MPEG-4 files to Windows Movie Maker

sponsored links

Summary: In this article, you will learn the best way to import and edit .MP4 files in Windows Movie Maker without any issue. Just follow it

I would like to import some MPEG-4 files into Windows Movie Maker and work with them. However, what frustrated me is that Windows Media Player 11 recognizes and plays MPEG-4 just fine but WMM doesn't. Well, this problem occurs because MP4 is incompatible with Windows Movie Maker. To edit MP4 video files in Windows Movie Maker, there is a need to convert MP4 to Windows Movie Maker compatible formats like WMV or AVI first.

If you don't want to try a pile of complicated codecs and download them for video editing in Windows Movie Maker, you can try Brorsoft Video Converter, which is able to resolve your trouble effortlessly - quickly and easily converting MP4 to WMV or AVI for Windows Movie Maker. With it, we can edit MP4 files in Windows Movie Maker at will. In addition, it can also convert among other video and audio formats like AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, MOV, MP4, MTS, MP3, WMA, etc. Follow the steps below to complete your task.

How to convert MP4 files for editing in Windows Movie Maker

Step 1. Launch the MP4 to Windows Movie Maker Converter, and then import MP4 clips through "Add Video" button or directly drag and drop the files to the program. Check “Merge into one” box to join MP4 clips together if necessary.

Step 2. Select WMV or AVI as output format for Windows Movie Maker and choose a proper output path as the destination folder for the converted files. Or you can select HD Video -->WMV HD(*.wmv) on the dropdown menu as output format.

Step 3. Click "Convert" to start the conversion from MP4 to WMV/AVI for Windows Movie Maker. After video conversion, the video files are compatible with Windows Movie Maker. Just open Windows Movie Maker, click "Movie tasks" and select "Import video". Seconds later, the video files will be displayed on the main panel of Windows Movie Maker and now you can make your own masterpiece.

Source:Can I import MPEG-4 files to Windows Movie Maker
Quote:
********androidiosconvertertips.altervista.org/blog/convert-1080p720p-mp4-files-to-wmv-for-windows-movie-maker/