CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 7
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 26, 2014, 08:27 PM

Default How to make PS3 read and play all kinds of AVI files

sponsored links

Summary: Can PS3 play AVI files? Most users find that PS3 can play some AVI, but not all! This article will show method to play all kinds of AVI on PlayStation 3 (PS3).

Why Can't My PS3 read AVI format? I put some AVI formatted movies in my USB stick and plugged it into my PS3, then my PS3 found my USB stick and when I entered the USB device under Video it said "No Titles". Help?

If you are in such situation when putting and playing AVI files on PS3, first you need to make sure that you dump all of your videos into a folder named VIDEO on the root of the drive and they'll show up automatically in the XMB. If the copied video doesn’t show, you can also browse the entire drive or disc by pressing triangle and choosing "Display All" to find videos that aren't in the VIDEO folder.

The other thing you should take account is the video format. If you have a PS3, you will probably find that PS3 can play some AVI files, but not all. Well, the main reason behind is that AVI is a container format that means it can conclude different video, audio codec. PS3 can only support Motion JPEG and DivX encoded AVI movies. Some other AVI videos encoded in XviD can’t be supported by PS3 well. To play all kinds of AVI files on PS3, you’d better convert AVI to PS3 most friendly format like H.264/MPEG-4 MP4 file format. Brorsoft Video Converter is the best solution for you.

It is the best AVI to PS3 Converter that enables you to encode and import AVI to PS3 without any video, audio issues. The main features of this AVI to PS3 Converter are high conversion speed with zero quality loss and supporting to convert from and to more than 70 formats like MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, MKV, MOV, VOB, TiVo, MVI etc. The equivalent Mac version is Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, which can convert AVI movies to PS3 on Mac (Include Mavericks). Just download it and follow the steps below to get AVI onto PS3 for playback on the go.

How to re-encode AVI to PS3

STEP 1. Install and launch the AVI to PS3 Converter and click the "Add" button to load .avi files for converting.

STEP 2. Click on the Format box and follow “PSP/PS3” to set a proper format. There are multiple choices like PS3 Video(480p) MPEG-4(*.mp4), PS3 Video(7200p) MPEG-4(*.mp4) and more.

STEP 3. Click "Convert" button to start converting AVI to PS3. When the conversion ends, click the Open button to get the resulted video.

STEP 4. The rest you need to do is to copy or stream AVI to PS3.

Option 1: Physically copying AVI files to a removable storage device compatible with the PlayStation 3.

Transfer the converted AVI files from the computer to a removable storage device like USB drive, memory card, portable hard drive, high-density memory stick or CD/DVD which is compatible with the PlayStation 3.
Note: Make sure that the transferred AVI files are in a folder called VIDEO on the root of the removable storage device, if not, first create a folder named VIDEO.

Option 2: Stream AVI video to PS3 over the network

Stream AVI from Windows to PS3 with the help of Windows Media Player 11
- In the Media Sharing preference box with your PS3 powered on and connected to the network, select "Unknown Device"—that's your PS3.
- Your library should now show up in XMB.

Source:Putting AVI files on the PS3 for smooth playback
Quote:
********lydia622520videotips.snappages.com/blog/2014/03/26/play-avi-files-on-ps3-converting-xvidavi-files-to-play-on-sony-playstation-3-with-hd-quality