CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 20, 2002, 08:34 PM
Veteran

Question Throne Of Darkness Query

sponsored links

Can any one help me with this.

I’ve just bought ‘Throne Of Darkness’ and I intend to make a back-up copy for safety reasons. How can I back this game up? I know there must be some sort of protection on it, so how do I do it?

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2002, 11:51 PM
Veteran

Can't quite remember, but I think that it used Securom.. Either that or it wasn't protected.. Anyway I backed it up just fine using Clone CD...

You might want to use something like Clony to detect the protection... I will have a look at my copy when I get home and see what protection was used... But if you copy it with read audio and data subchannels enabled then it should be fine.
Old Feb 21, 2002, 12:30 PM
Veteran

Hi Celtic Druid

Thanks for the reply.

I’ve just downloaded and installed Clony XL. According to Clony it’s protected by Securom ‘New’ (whatever that is). Will I still be able to make a safe copy using CloneCD? If so, what setting (if any) should I enable/disable.

Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2002, 02:18 PM
Veteran

Angry That didn't work!

I’ve just tried to copy disk 1 using CloneCD. The backup CD was blank!

I read from both sunchannels and enabled ‘Fast Error Skip’. On writing, I enabled ‘Buffer Underrun Protection’ and ‘Always Close Last Session’. Read and write speed was 4x. Write mode was RAW DAO.

What did I do wrong?
Old Feb 22, 2002, 01:27 AM
Veteran

That's a weird one... I doubt that it has anything to do with the setting that you used though, they seem fine, although I always just read and write at max speed. Does Clone CD usually work for you??
Old Feb 22, 2002, 12:21 PM
Veteran

Hi Celtic Druid,

It’s okay. I just made a successful backup of TOD. I used the setting as stated, all I did was change the media. My first attempt was onto a CDRW (just in case it didn’t work). I then burnt onto a Datasafe disk and that was fine.

I always thought that CDR and CDRW disks were the same! I didn’t realise it made that much of a difference.

Disk 2 of TOD isn’t protected. I just copied all the files to my hard drive and then used Roxio 5 to do the necessary.

Thanks for the help