CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 26, 2002, 06:14 PM

Unhappy psx backup,(no protection), not working!

sponsored links

Hello all.I have a problem regarding backup of 1 psx game ,for psx one,namely 'syphon filter 2'.
My cd rom is a teac 540e,writer is 24x liteon,and I use clone cd 3.3.4.1. System:128 memory,P111 500,win98.
Other games(unprotected) have burned , copied 'n played with no problem,except this one,and it also appears to have no protection.I use ps-X-change boot cd to replay them on the console.Backup of 'syphon filter 2' ,(which has been detected as having no protection by copy protection detector 6,and also clonyxll),just wont run properly on the console.I burned one at max speed 24x,then another at 8x,both on the fly. After swapping to either from the boot cd,I could hear sound from the game, but, there was a blank screen,and, no buttons on the joypad would make anything change,including the sound.Also,where the sound started, was not where it does on the original game either.
I then burned a 3rd cdr,this time from an image file from harddrive.I used 8x speed to read,and 8x to write.Same thing happened.
Since theres no apparent protection on S.F.2,and the fact I've burned successfully on other games,any ideas as to what I can do ,or what other parameters are worth trying in clone cd for this particular game? Clone cd ran smooth reads and burns,with no failed sectors or similar showing up.Read Subchannel data /audio and dont repair subchannel data were also enabled. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Roman5; Feb 26, 2002 at 07:03 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 07:44 PM

If there is no protection on game try burning at a even lower rate
I know its a pain but some games are like that.
other than that it might be the fack that you have psx boot cd
the game might not like it

Wheelie
Old Feb 26, 2002, 07:44 PM
Veteran

Is your ps-x-change cd scratched? Do your other backups work fine? I've got the US NTSC version of SF2, and I never had any problems with it, I've got a plugmod, so I use a boot disc too. Another thing you could try is burning the backup on a Verbatim DataLifePlus or a TDK CDR.
Old Feb 26, 2002, 08:16 PM

yeah wheelie,I agree,I think I'll go down to 4x for this one.Interestingly,when I burned other games at 24x,they worked fine,but the animation movies were always jerky,freezing and then continuing,until I burned at 8x,then they were fine.
NateV,great to hear that you had success with SF2,which means there is a way to get this working .My ps-x-changer is new and not scratched from what I can tell, and other games work fine.I heard lots of good things about Verbatim as backup medium for psx,so,I guess I'll give em a try.I'm currently using cheap cdrs,though,they're working ok with the other games.Still,maybe SF2 is particularly fussy! Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited by Roman5; Feb 26, 2002 at 08:19 PM.